IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

I have a further update on the cement bubbles for this weekend which consists of bad news and good news.

Firstly, the good news. Our first small shipment of bubbles are currently in transit and are making their way to us. (YAY!!!)

The bad news is that they were detained by Chinese customs for inspection and missed their scheduled flight, putting everything back 24 hours. As it stands, they are due to land in Dublin on Saturday. 

So, what does this mean? Well, thanks to the sheer dedication and hard work of IWT (for which we will be forever grateful, they are a joy to use) the small consignment of A and B packs will be sent direct to Blackrock. This will on Saturday afternoon, so we will not have any bubbles available for collection until 3:30pm on Saturday at our stand

We apologise for this if you were hoping to collect before then, but sadly it was completely beyond our control. 

Remember, if you wish to collect your pack A and B at the show, please let us know at info@irishrailwaymodels.com before 6pm today (Thursday) so we can prepare them for you. Thank you for your patience! 

Thanks!

Fran (on behalf of the IRM team)

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

And I thought I had trouble getting stuff from the Isle of Wight (60 miles away from me)!

The Irish customs didn't even look at us as we steamed off the ferry this morning with a few hundred wagons in the back!

They'll be Stand 14 at 11am on Saturday morning.

Leslie

PS Seriously, though, I'm looking froward to seeing the Bubbles - when will the ORANGE ones be ready?

Edited by leslie10646

23 hours ago, RedRich said:

That's really good of IWT to push to the limits to get the models to Blackrock. You don't hear this kind of news much which is why IWT deserve huge credit for doing this. I hope everyone collecting at the show knows about it too.

Rich,

I assume you mean IRM in the above statement? Unless the lads have diverted the IWT container train to Blackrock for a truely stunning entrance on Saturday afternoon?! To reiterate Rich's sentiments, well done to all involved!

1 hour ago, dave182 said:

I assume you mean IRM in the above statement? Unless the lads have diverted the IWT container train to Blackrock for a truely stunning entrance on Saturday afternoon?! To reiterate Rich's sentiments, well done to all involved!

Not the container train, unfortunately, but IWT are going above and beyond the line of duty to ensure the bubbles clear customs and are delivered directly to Blackrock tomorrow afternoon, so they deserve kudos for that.

The shipment is due to land in Dublin around midday, and we'll have Flight Radar 24 on a laptop at the stand in the morning to keep track of its progress. :)

Thanks to the SDMRC, we will have a back room set up where a quality control team will be on hand to give each pack the once-over. They'll then be forwarded to the stand in batches so we can keep a steady supply for customers from approximately 3.30pm onwards.

The adrenaline is already coursing through the veins here at IRM Towers. There won't be much sleep this weekend, but it's nothing a strong cuppa and a steady supply of sandwiches won't sort out...

Patrick

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

42 minutes ago, dave182 said:

Did you read Fran's original post Dave. He was talking about IWT getting the shipment cleared with customs and making sure the delivery would arrive on Saturday afternoon and I said they deserved huge credit for doing that in going the extra mile for their customer. I didn't mention trains.

Rich,

1 hour ago, RedRich said:

Did you read Fran's original post Dave. He was talking about IWT getting the shipment cleared with customs and making sure the delivery would arrive on Saturday afternoon and I said they deserved huge credit for doing that in going the extra mile for their customer. I didn't mention trains.

Rich,

Sorry Rich! Still getting my head around this new site layout. Thats outstanding, and I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion there. Well done to IWT!