Warbonnet

IRM Cement Bubble Latest News

Can't wait to run these on the layout. The more one studies these the more detail you become aware of. A supreme model product.

Thanks for the kind words one and all! :)

We cant wait to see them on some cracking layouts like we have done with the ballasts recently. Who will be first to weather them heavily I wonder? :confused:

To the IRM team.

Just asking can you change my order, it's set for Parcel Motel delivery but would like to change to show pick up. Order #573

Thanks.

Also I got 6 emails in the last hour saying order completed for 6 orders I placed today. I have not placed anything and they are all €0 amounts. Very odd.

Hi Railer,

Can you send a quick email to info [at] irishrailwaymodels.com to confirm? Thanks.

In other news, we're updating the customer database on our website at the moment, which may temporarily disrupt access.

Posted (edited)

We want to ensure that our wagons run as good as they look, so we test them to make sure performance is up to scratch.

Here is our cement bubble hammering through complex points, both being pulled and pushed and stalled to ensure they stay on the rails on our temporary test track. As you can see, performance was flawless.

The bubbles are getting closer to our shores! :)http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com//shop

It's also worth subscribing to our YouTube channel so you can see all the video content coming your way! :)

Edited by Warbonnet

Very interesting clip Fran. Thanks for posting. The bubble looking stunning and running as well. 'IRM towers' premises looking impressive. 0:54s looks like a 17 coach mk3 prototyping line. Nice box of 'event stock' in the background at 54s :) Lovely weathering job on 184 too, but somebody forgot the two horns ;) (in jest) Interesting to see an early bubble sample on the bench at 8s & 60s. Was it the near side ladder that Richie manhandled in the pub? :) :) I can see great things emanating from this premises. :tumbsup:

...on our temporary test track.

"Arthur's Quay", the cheek!

( and yes, the track plan is a bit unorthodox...:P )

Looks nice, but sometimes you need to run a rake of them

over points back and forward, fast to see how they go. :trains:

Looks nice, but sometimes you need to run a rake of them

over points back and forward, fast to see how they go. :trains:

Not prototypical, but if you want speed I can prepare the only loco that can....

DGVY8dDUwAIa3jk.jpg

That's space shuttle speed.

It's not the speed so much it's just a longer rake.

That's space shuttle speed.

It's not the speed so much it's just a longer rake.

We threw a motley crew of wagons and coaches behind it too and ran it in the middle and end of train and it didn’t cause any hassle, unlike a wagon from a household name who will remain nameless! :)

We want to ensure that our wagons run as good as they look, so we test them to make sure performance is up to scratch.

Here is our cement bubble hammering through complex points, both being pulled and pushed and stalled to ensure they stay on the rails on our temporary test track. As you can see, performance was flawless.

The bubbles are getting closer to our shores! :)http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com//shop

It's also worth subscribing to our YouTube channel so you can see all the video content coming your way! :)

its a tough day at the office again I see , :trains:

Posted (edited)

We recently got this image from our factory in China and reminded us of toffee apples. Quite apt, since these are due around Halloween...

Image uploaded from iOS.jpg

They're getting closer, folks! Thank you for the orders so far. Make sure you get yours when they land on Irish shores, order now http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Edited by Warbonnet

Here's a sneak peek from our factory at our CIE bubbles before assembly. Don't they look great? I have to say; I do love them with the CIE roundel...

CIE Bubbles Factory.jpg

Our factory are working round the clock to make sure they get here by the end of the month! Don't miss out on the best model of the most iconic Irish wagons. Place your order today http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Looking good men. The weld seam lines look really good, not something that lots of manufacturers have gotten right such as roof weld seams. I can't remember seeing them on any bubble kits neither. Really looking forward to them.

Rich,

Looking good men. The weld seam lines look really good, not something that lots of manufacturers have gotten right such as roof weld seams. I can't remember seeing them on any bubble kits neither. Really looking forward to them.

Rich,

Thanks Rich! We were disappointed with the seams on the original tooling, so we asked our factory to dial them down when we were going through the changes. We're delighted with the result. They're barely visible but you they're there. Just like the real ones. :)

Thanks Rich! We were disappointed with the seams on the original tooling, so we asked our factory to dial them down when we were going through the changes. We're delighted with the result. They're barely visible but you they're there. Just like the real ones. :)

I took these in Waterford West Fran and looking at the revised model pics IRM have done a superb job in capturing them.

Bubble Waterford west 2.jpg

It was hard to see them when the wagons were moving and even harder when they were caked in cement and grime. The underframe pipe work is a work of art. I actually got down to track level that day and had a look (with permission granted from IE) although I never took the pics as I had some other items of rolling stock to photograph.

Rich,

Bubble waterford west 1.jpg

Bubble waterford west 1.jpg

Funny thing is that those two photos were heavily referenced throughout the process, along with another 217 more....Every photo on this site is valuable for this craic, and we don't forget those that post them either.

You'll note that the two weld seams between the main cylinder and the "boobs" at either end have weathered heavily and are most prominent on wagons, whilst the quartering weld seams appear to disappear. Manufacturing means that the bubble is composed of several parts and there's a natural joint where that weathering takes place. Happy accident I reckon.

Looking forward to get my hands on a set shortly, along with the full range of MIG weathering powders, to see if I can distress one of these ladies to match a scaled reality. I get the feeling I might be the only one brave enough (initially) to chuck crap at pristine models, but it's all for a good cause :P

R

91FFF5F8-557B-46D8-94F3-4B384896C67A.jpg

Our bubbles are proving to be hugely popular judging by preorders so far, but some are more popular than others.

The ‘Irish Cement’ branded bubbles are out in front in the sales charts at the moment. Only a few bubbles received the branding in reality, with most hanging on to their CIE roundel until the very end. Here’s a shot from a couple of weeks back before final assembly!

We hope you all are staying safe indoors during the storm. A perfect excuse for some Railway Modelling!

You can order your bubbles now http://www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Hi Fran, silly question time, do you have any idea how many bubbles got Irish cement branding.

My reason for asking is if it's only a few more than the three pack it might be worthwhile

for me to get another pack and possibly see about renumbering them, Tia,

John.

Hi Fran, silly question time, do you have any idea how many bubbles got Irish cement branding.

My reason for asking is if it's only a few more than the three pack it might be worthwhile

for me to get another pack and possibly see about renumbering them, Tia,

John.

Hi John, we only know the identities of three for definite, and they’re the ones in pack A. There were a few more possibly, but we didn’t have enough concrete (sorry!) reference material on them to be 100% sure. Sorry!