South West Munster Railway Association

Rate this topic

Meiriongwril

A small number of railway enthusiasts are looking at the possibility of starting a South West Munster Railway Association, in an area restricted to Counties Cork, Kerry, and Limerick (to avoid encroaching on the West Clare Railway and the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway folk). We see this Association as encompassing those interested in Model Railways (including the possibility of a Cork club), Railway History (though of course the IRRS cover this also), and Heritage activities (including a possible short heritage line, and/or locomotive restoration or replica new build, or helping an existing group). We will be happy to include those interested in both 5’3” and 3 foot gauges! (And of course all model scales and gauges!!)

The intention is to hold an inaugural meeting in Cork city sometime in October (if there is enough interest expressed at this preliminary stage). If you think this idea for an Association is a good plan, please let me know; also please note whether it is likely that you could attend an inaugural meeting, or just wish to be kept informed of developments. (Also let me know of anyone else I should contact.) If interested, please email me on meiriongwril@gmail.com.

Go raibh maith agat!

Meiriongwril (aka Martin Ball)