Rate this topic

ttc0169

More of the TPO's' date=' even if they're not spot on for the Irish ones. I've a thing about these since they were so illusive, and would look excellent with Weshty's "P&T" decals.[/quote']

Exactly Ritchie,

It's very hard to find any decent photos of Irish TPOs,

I could only work off photos from the Doyle & Hirsch books which were good but limited in there views of the carriages.

Edited by ttc0169

That can be arranged hg,Watch this space.....

I'll never forget the 14 coach GAA special that I seen on the Ballina branch in September 1989 hauled by 135+188-12 Cravens and two steam heating vans-the biggest passenger train I had ever seen... great memories....

On the Ballina branch as well? Three cravens and an 071 can barely fit into that platform! Would have loved to see that!

On the Ballina branch as well? Three cravens and an 071 can barely fit into that platform! Would have loved to see that!

Very true Vincent

In the days before H&S,that particular GAA special had only the rear four coaches on the platform at Ballina,and one of them was a steam heating van....the locos were up the line past the signal cabin,

The idea was that Ballina and Foxford passengers would occupy the rear coaches and passengers from Claremorris and Ballyhaunis would occupy the front nine Cravens,

The same thing applied on the return journey with passengers for Foxford and Ballina being moved up to the front of the train before arrival at both stations.

Only a three piece ICR can now only operate on the branch due to the short platforms on the branch nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening lads,

With thanks to the Wanderer,Gordon71 and Chris Playfair for the excellent photos and videos of the recently introduced Mk3 Enterprise van to service trains,I was able to recreate the set up on Tara Junction,

As I don't have the Enterprise De Dietrich coaches yet....they are still under construction...I coupled my Mk3 van to my Mk4 coaches and allocated 209 loco to push the trial train around the layout....something different...

Here are a few photos taken earlier...with a few videos up later...

209 and 89605.

The trial train passes the autoballaster train and Supertrain Mk2s-with the IWT liner waiting for the road.

209 pushing the Enterprise van and Mk4 set past the carriage valeting plant which sees B141 on carriage washing duties and 192 as carriage pilot loco-with 160+156 on the fourth road with the night mail train.

image-3120481125.jpg

image-3342437756.jpg

image-3745715314.jpg

image-3120481125.jpg

image-3342437756.jpg

image-3745715314.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Lads,

Due to a recent sudden family bereavement I've been off this forum for just over a month,

It's great to see that the board had maintained its high standard throughout this time

I intend to be at the exhibition on Saturday and hopefully put some names to faces etc,

In the meantime I received the Viessmann working tamper today from Gareth in the Model shop in Belfast-(thanks Gareth),

It certainly is a fantastic model,with correct start up/shutdown engine noise,excellent lighting and true to life working tamping equipment at a very slow speed,

The horn sound is identical to a DART unit,

Here are a selection of photos of the IE Tamper-(751) on the layout earlier-with a video to follow

751 tamping the up fast line earlier.

image-1698678287.jpg

image-2333133611.jpg

image-2458094711.jpg

image-1698678287.jpg

image-2333133611.jpg

image-2458094711.jpg

Thanks Lads-Yes I hope we can meet up tomorrow Rich,

Here is a video of Tamper 751 working

The tamper looks sweet Noel. I like the IE logo on the side. The fact that it is operational really sets a new standard in per way models. As Jim has said the backs of the houses look great. I'll make sure to see you for a chat tomorrow Noel, not to long to go now.

Rich,

Thanks Lads,it was great to meet up with some of you at the exhibition,

I picked up my locos today and have been busy all evening running them in,

Here are a selection of photos of 071,082 and 112 on the Cravens passenger and IWT liner trains,and also being prepared for service at the running shed,

082 on shed

071 on the autoballaster set,112 works the Bank holiday Tralee-Heuston Cravens special on the up fast line and 082 is working the up IWT liner.

112 and 071 tick over near the running shed.

071 gets its brake blocks adjusted before going on a trial run.

image-906806082.jpg

image-2122765429.jpg

image-2032196406.jpg

image-4004343209.jpg

image-906806082.jpg

image-2122765429.jpg

image-2032196406.jpg

image-4004343209.jpg

Live the depot platforms! Which ones are they?

The new arrivals look utterly at home!

Hi Stephen,

Those depot walkways are a kit from Knightwing-I bought them off Gareth/Modelshop Belfast at the Wexford exhibition last Easter,They would look great on Amiens street loco depot.....

After running in the 071/112,it was time to put them into service,

I've waited a long time to have a decent 071 model to haul my liner passenger trains,thank you Paddy Murphy,

082 hauls the empty timber slowly out of the yard under the watchful eye of the yard supervisor,as 071 refuels at the depot,it will later work the autoballaster train and be followed by Tamper 751 on the down slow line.

082 with the empty timber on the up fast line.

image-2664046863.jpg

image-2114897699.jpg

image-2664046863.jpg

image-2114897699.jpg

Will do Boskonay,will be tomorrow as I feel a thirst coming on.... The coal fire and Guinness at the local is very tempting....

The realism of Tara Junction with all its wee scenes are what makes it stand out as a class layout.The 071s/111 look as though they have always been there,just right at home,which is just what I was thinking where I would like to be with your quote of a coal fire and Guinness-the taste and smell of home :)