NDMRS Exhibition Bangor NI - 22/23 April 2017.

Rate this topic

steventrain

The 2017 Exhibition will be held on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd April at

Bangor Grammar School

Gransha Road

Bangor

Co. Down

BT19 7QU

On Saturday the times will be from 10am to 5pm

On Sunday the times will be from 1pm to 5pm

LAYOUTS

Dalry Road Ian Atkinson O Gauge

Lego L Gauge R Vallenduuk L Gauge

Road Runner-esque Les Conn G 9

Thomas Circuit Erne MRC OOGauge

Jersey Bill Evans L Gauge

Quarry Corner First Bangor MRC N Gauge

London Underground Foyle & Londonderry MRC 00 Gauge

Great Fergus Adam Keegan 00 Gauge

Quarry Sidings Brian King N Gauge

Ardmore Model Railway Socy Ireland O Gauge

HO American Peter McVicar HO Gauge

Willow Park North Down MRC OO Gauge

Standfordingly Tony Ragg O Gauge

Moira William Redpath OO Gauge

Lego City John & Louise Snclair OO Gauge

T Trak N Gauge

Swindoncaster South Dublin MRC OO Gauge

Lisburn Ulster MRC OO Gauge

Nalchendra Warley MRC O - 16.5

unnamed D Wynne N Gauge

DISPLAYS

Tank Diorama Stephen Armstrong

7mm scale locos Phil Aspinwall

Electric powered planes Bangor Electric Flying Club

Model Aeroplanes Belfast Model Flying Club

Transport Artist David Briggs

Display Downpatrick & Co Down Railway

Railwayana Headhunters Museum

Model Aircraft IPMS (UK) Ni

Junior Modellers Zone

Matchstick Models Peter Harris

Meccano Corlust Group

MERG Electronics display

Locomotive and coach Richard McLachlan

Demo NI Modellers Assoc

Scalextric rally track NI Scalextric Club

model boats Pickie Boats

Dolls House Miniatures Karen Sinclair

Wargaming North Down Wargaming Group

Radio Control Model Cars Ulster Model Car Club

Die Cast Buses and Trams Maurice Wilson

Demo loco building Raymond Wilson

TRADE

Models,Scenic & Ass Joe Barlow

display/photographs Belfast & Co Down Railway Trust

Railway Buildings Dawson Hall

Sales kits ,videos D&E Videos/DC kits

Scenics All Scale Models

Trains Chris Dyer

Diecast Models Roy Henderson

books badges etc Irish Steam Pres Soc

electronics Andy Lowe Electronics

Various model Marks Models

Baseboards const Model Rail Baseboards

Models/scenics Modellers Nook

Second railway stock North Down MRS

Irish wagons Provincial Wagons

Metal Soldiers Dioramas Warren Rainey

Car lorries Truck & Rally Crs

Model accessories Edward White

Irish outline OO Wagons Irish Railway Models

Edited by steventrain

I'm sure everybody here knows of course, but Irish Railway Models is wagons, not vehicles! :)

As reported elsewhere, our highly anticipated ballast wagons will be available to buy and pre orders will be available for collection provided we receive plenty of prior notice and proof of purchase and photo ID is provided on the day.

We're really looking forward to the show and seeing you there!

Edited by Warbonnet

I have been building up stock for Bangor since Christmas and the Isle of Wight ferry has been busy shipping wagons to the Mainland.

That said, I've had three orders for a dozen or more double beets and others, so the stock is going down. If I may be so bold, if you want to collect kits from me at Bangor, please let me know and I'll "put your name on it".

Either by PM, lesliemcallister@aol.com or via my website.

Thanks.

Leslie

6934144722_f5f16cd2a9_h.jpg

Correct versions; details and colours for 20T vans and cattle trucks in the 1960s. Note - and this applies to post-1970 brown guard's vans too - the black bit above and below the "wasp stripes". Wasped guard's vans were never any other way, nor did they have the black and white stripes seen in Cultra.

NOTE TO MODS: There's probably a much better location for this post!

I'll admit that I was unaware, but I shall certainly be idling my way through the images on there...

Yes, super paintings.

I particularly like the "Enniskillen today" one, with CAF, GM diesel and the top Irish steam driver, Noel, leaning against a wall! Wishful thinking!

Leslie

Irish Railway Models hope to see you all there - we can confirm the Ballast Wagons have (just) made it in time...

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/irish-railway-models-at-the-ndmrs-2017-exhibition/

Good news. I have my receipt with me!

By a coincidence, a couple of dozen of my next wagon kit arrived as I was packing the car two days ago!

To find out just what, visit the Provincial Wagons stand!

Hope to see lots of you there. At least come and say "Hi"!

Leslie

Hi warbonnet, am I out of time to arrange for collection for tomorrow

Hi Jim, can you email info@irishrailwaymodels.com with your order number and bring photo ID and proof of purchase and we will do our best to sort you out. We have limited stock with us though so this is the final, final cut off point for notifying us to sort pick up this weekend. :)

Only got a chance of a very early visit yesterday morning and picked up my storage boxes from Dave who is looking good after his Hospital visit.

These are a great job, I've managed to get all my BUT and AEC Railcars into one box.

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

It was to early for the IRM boys but I picked up this model for £3

IMG_0901.JPG

It's a Keyser Model kits, L12 4mm scale of a Midland Railway Kirtley 0-6-0 locomotive with what I'm hopping is a Anchorbridge D10 motor with 40:1 gear box and worm wheel but I have not dismantled it yet.

Does it look similar to any locomotive than ran on Irish Rails?

Looking forward to visiting the Show proper this afternoon.

Edited by Kirley

Kieran

No need for GSR grey!!! The NCC and possibly the GNR operated some double frame locos into the 1930s

The NCC double frame 2-4-0s appear to have ended up in LMS Crimson Lake. The Ulster Railway seems to have preferred outside framed locos and may have contributed some 0-6-0s to the GNR

I have a photo some where

It was to early for the IRM boys but I picked up this model for £3

Hi Kieran,

Our stand was manned for the exhibition's opening time of 10am. No matter anyway, we have your order ready for collection.

Edit: just heard you were here at the ungodly hour of 9am! We were still getting ourselves together after hitting the hay at 5! :)

Edited by Garfield

Had a great day myself and the grandson at the show Saturday , left tralee at 5.40 am got back at 9.30 last night. Got my ballast wagons fantastic had good craic with Fran & Patrick ,two gents.

also got my double beet wagons from Leslie another gent, and Leslie thank you very much for being so

Kind to peter my grandson. great to see dave ( baseboards) looking well, and mr bracken as well

Would like to have met more from the forum but do not know any body else,thanks to every one who made the show possible.

Cheers. john

John-r,

I think it's a shame that you travelled all the way from Tralee and didn't meet anyone from the forum. I travelled from Omagh which is nothing compared to your trip and would have gladly had a coffee with you. I was on my own but was aware that so many 'forum members' were around but knew nobody. I took some time to speak with Leslie McAllister, the lads at IRM models and Richard McLachlan. I think the forum could have had a table for members only to have a coffee. Maybe next year, but what a great event!

If the forum wants to do a "meetup" type table at some event in the Dublin area, I would be delighted to attend and meet some of our expert modellers here...it would also serve to bring more people on here, in order to increase the "pool of expertise"; and who might learn from the existing top-class modellers already here.

Hi Kieran,

Our stand was manned for the exhibition's opening time of 10am. No matter anyway, we have your order ready for collection.

Edit: just heard you were here at the ungodly hour of 9am! We were still getting ourselves together after hitting the hay at 5! :)

I don't understand this post, I was not in any way criticising that the fact that you were not there when I called, I said,"I only got a chance of a very early visit yesterday morning"

I did not expect this type of comment from a Moderator of the Site.

I don't understand this post, I was not in any way criticising that the fact that you were not there when I called, I said,"I only got a chance of a very early visit yesterday morning"

I did not expect this type of comment from a Moderator of the Site.

I think the edit addition to the post and the banter you two had at the show today explained it perfectly Kieran. Not sure what the issue is?

Saturday 6th May, 2:30, just off the Busaras Luas Stop? Happy to have the craic with all and sundry, chat about methods,paint, how to get it wrong (i'll bring examples of screw ups) and whatever else comes to mind.

That's the Saturday that some of us will be in Limerick on the RPSI tour - what about Friday 5th?

Hi tony,

Thanks for the kind comments,we will definitely get a coffee next show,

It's a great idea if it's okay with the mods at a show to have a designated

Table so forum members have the choice to engage or not, reading what some members

Put up the knowledge they have to share would be great , as I cannot write what I really

Want to get across and listening to someone face to face would make a difference on how

They do things. hope it happens.

Cheers john