Experimental livery - IE Freight Grey Coaching stock

Rate this topic

Noel

Refurbished Bredin Coaches (Hornby Stanier) for running with IE 071 Freight Grey locos of the imaginary "Brandenberg division" European Irish Sea tunnel service direct to the continent :)

IMG_1427.jpg

Seating and glazing to be installed in due course :)

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1
  • WOW! 1

Interesting!

On seeing the recent pic of 142 at Whitehead with the grey undercoat in parts,I imagined an 071 in freight grey, but with the white & tan band of the 141s original. Anyone handy at photoshop that could whip up this fictional livery to see how it'd look?

Interesting! On seeing the recent pic of 142 at Whitehead with the grey undercoat in parts,I imagined an 071 in freight grey, but with the white & tan band of the 141s original. Anyone handy at photoshop that could whip up this fictional livery to see how it'd look?

Don't tempt me, I have a possible donor in the form of a silver and black livery 071 that I can't stand the look of, but I think I'll have to keep one in that awful livery for historical purposes. :) It is a bit of fun. Now a GM 201 in B&T Livery would be fun.

A 201 in early silver with a snail pulling a rake of MK3's in green with white lining and snails would look savage I reckon.

If Aer Lingus can do a retro livery why not IE.

You've just given me a great idea for my 'orrible Hornby Mk2a 'Slainte Express' coaches (i.e. that I ruined a few weeks ago). :)

You've just given me a great idea for my 'orrible Hornby Mk2a 'Slainte Express' coaches (i.e. that I ruined a few weeks ago). :)

Glad to help. Looking forward to seeing the results:) I have some Mk2's myself that were sprayed into the intercity silver and green livery.

Oh yes, forgot about that. I'm not too keen on that livery, maybe that's why.

In fairness the 60s Aer Lingus livery was visually attractive, bright and sharp, by contrast the original super train livery was rather depressing and dull. The later tippex white lined 'IE/IR' livery was a vast improvement visually.

In fairness the 60s Aer Lingus livery was visually attractive, bright and sharp, by contrast the original super train livery was rather depressing and dull. The later tippex white lined 'IE/IR' livery was a vast improvement visually.

Ah Noel, a Supertrain A with matching Mark IIs would beg to differ for me. It looked superb. I am a fan of the IR era mind you!

Ah yeah, It's each to his own. The early silver with green and white can look very sharp. For me the supertrain of the 1970's reminds me of terrible 1970's wallpaper - you know the type.

Ah yeah, It's each to his own. The early silver with green and white can look very sharp. For me the supertrain of the 1970's reminds me of terrible 1970's wallpaper - you know the type.

Steady, there!

Some of us still have that wallpaper - and delicate feelings...

2ilKQp6.jpg

All that's missing is a nice lady with an afro.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27282[/ATTACH]

Ah memories of the RTE newsroom in 1965, which was broadcast in B/W, but had it been colour that is what it would have looked like. :) Bizarrely it also reminds me of some of the 007 'Diamonds are Forever' sets

No wall paper in my gaffe. Broithe I actually quite like that one you have.

A lot of this patterned wallpaper is making a comeback. Hipsters and the like really dig it. I have childhood nightmare of scraping the old paper off the walls for days on end.

Brilliant!

Looks like one of those Disney liveries you get in England, where no two items of rolling stock are the same.

First Great Eastern Connex Aviva Train Company and their 324.5567 class identikit railcar....and all that.... where "customers" are reminded not to take photographs in the train station........