Irish Railway Models Ballast Wagon

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Thank God, i was starting to get worried.

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::Happy1:

:Happy1::jazz::fingersintheair::disco::jazz::Happy1:

If I could say what I want to say about a certain courier, I'd end up in the High Court. We were starting to get really worried when one of us had to don a pink high vis....! :P

Cheer's Fran, roll on next week. If there is any spare cash hanging around get the van pimped out IRM style.

Enjoy Bangor,

Rich,

Nope, all gone. I believe Garfield bought 24" chrome rims for the van in a spot on the Warrenpoint Road....

I popped by aswell. Fantastic detailing on these models. Nice lads. Well done - it was well worth the investment! So nice to have such a good looking irish wagon train !!!

20170422_163647.jpg

Detailed notes and special offer included !

20170422_163747.jpg

Sighs happily...

20170422_165809.jpg

They look fantastic Stephen. Everything from the models to the presentation and packaging says quality. The bar has been raised again.

Rich,

Cheers Rich, they are a tribute to the long, unpaid and to date 'behind the scenes' work of the whole team, for whom this is very much a labour of love and faith!

What we can achieve and the support received tho, means that these, the bubbles and Tara's are merely the beginning!

Cheers Rich, they are a tribute to the long, unpaid and to date 'behind the scenes' work of the whole team, for whom this is very much a labour of love and faith!

What we can achieve and the support received tho, means that these, the bubbles and Tara's are merely the beginning!

The beginning part is what is so exciting Stephen. I reckon there will be one or two curve balls in there as well as I can see IRM looking at the not so obvious. This is the adventurous vibe I get from all four of you.

Rich,

Rich,

You've no idea how happy I am to see me little ladies grace a layout!

*I am claiming them as mine, despite the fact that without the other three lads, twouldn't have happened at all! :P

Well done guys. The hours that went into the cad drawings and collecting the raw data must have been vast. Great team effort. You must all be so relived and now pleased to see the wagons in their natural habitat on a layout. :tumbsup:

Only now getting to look at my ballast wagons, They are absolutely fantastic looking.

I said it before but it merits saying again, To the four lads involved in IRM ,

You have done an incredible job on every stage of this project,

with long hours and taking a chance, I most definitely will be supporting

Your other projects as well. Thank you very much.

Those look absolutely fantastic!

Good to see the (absolutely) correct shade of brown rather than the oft-seen unrealistically reddish which seems to appear quite often these days.

When I started modelling (about 1969!) in order to achieve anything Irish simply meant repainting a BR class 33 in orange and black, or a "Hymek" in NIR maroon; and repainting BR Mk. 1's in orange / black or maroon / blue. Wagons....forget it.

Now, we see purpose built locomotives and carriages forst and foremost. But freight vehicles on so many otherwise excellent layouts are still in 1970s mode, with (what seems to be) most goods trains on most layouts consisting of repainted (or not even repainted) standard BR stuff from messrs Hornby, Dapol or Bachmann. This is partly due to a lesser level of knowledge among most enthusiasts about non passenger vehicles, but mostly to the almost total lack of anything prototypical until very recent years.

Now we have Leslie's stiff as well as the above; we have Irish Freight Models and many others who are producing absolutely superb stuff, and it has to be said at financial risk to themselves in covering costs. We see the result: greater accuracy.

In the past, a purist might have scoffed at a crudely repainted BR "33" hauling BR Mk 1's in hand-painted CIE livery - but there were no other options.

Now we see Mayner's carriages, those of Worsley and others, as well as the mighty Murphy stuff, with scale UGs, 141s, 121s, 201s, etc etc etc, but in the adjacent siding British Rail banana vans with CIE logos, "sharks", "walruses" and whatever sit awaiting their 141. No other options until now, but here we go!

Hats off to Glenderg & Co, but not forgetting those others who are pioneering the final stage in a process which will make reversion to non-Irish types unnecessary. You all deserve our fullest support.

We're not long back in Dublin and have the feet up after a very long but great weekend! We would like to extend a sincere thank you to all of you who have supported us with orders, encouragement and positive feedback. We would also like to thank you all who came by and say hello this weekend in Bangor. It was great to meet new faces and old friends. A big thank you to the North Down Model Railway Society for all their great hospitality. It was a great, excellently run show.

We can get some rest now before the real craic of posting orders begins tomorrow! It's going to take a while to power through them but we'll get there as quick as we can!

Lovely looking wagons. I don't doubt the blood, sweat, tears, beer, late night Maxwell House, Red Bull and Twenty Majors that fuelled the eventual arrival of these little puppies.

To quote the old Amstel ad

"This is going to be great!"

We had a fantastic time at the Bangor show this weekend. A big thank you to all the North Down Model Railway Society members for putting on a great show and being so accommodating. A big thank you to everyone who popped by the stand for a chat and an order too. It was great to see new faces as well as old friends!

Today we're working hard on all the web orders placed. We're checking each pack to make sure they're good enough to grace your layouts!

IMG_1471.jpg

Our friend Eamonn Redmond sent us these great photos of the IRM ballast wagons running around the superb 'Ballybeg' layout last night. We think they look right at home!

We have begun dispatching orders out to customers late this week, and if you paid for postage and packaging you can expect your wagons to turn up in the coming week, with international orders coming soon after that.

There are many of you who have selected 'exhibition pick up' for your wagons. Please let us know if you would rather them posted out to you now via info@irishrailwaymodels.com

We would also love to put up pictures and videos of the wagons running on your layout so feel free to add them here too! :)

Ballybeg 2.jpg

Ballybeg 3.jpg

Ballybeg 5.jpg

Ballybeg 6.jpg

ballybeg 7.jpg

ballybeg 8.jpg

ballybeg 9.jpg

ballybeg 10.jpg

ballybeg 11.jpg

ballybeg 12.jpg

ballybeg 8.jpg

ballybeg 11.jpg

Ballybeg4.jpg

Absolutely fabulous photos of the Ballast wagons. Well done team IRM, a superb achievement to get this over the line so spectacularly well.

Thanks Noel. We're rather pleased it has to be said.

Eamonn also did a nice wee video too :)

EDIT: Broithe beat me to it :)

Edited by Warbonnet

Thanks Noel. We're rather pleased it has to be said.

Eamonn also did a nice wee video too :)

Your welcome. Looking forward to running the rake of ballasts in the near future, and perhaps even daring to weather them. :)

Great video too by Eamonn showing them off on that wonderful layout.

What a great video , the layout is fantastic and what about those ballasts superb,

made the mistake of showing the video to the Mrs , naturally she counted the number

Of ballast wagons, then the million dollar question how many do you have, nearly

choked on me morning coffee made some excuse and changed the subject , close one.

Btw the plough vans really set the scene.