Curved windscreens

Rate this topic

Kirley

I’m currently building Railcars that have curved windscreens. I had a couple of unsuccessful goes at building these before I hit on this method.

I cut the clear plastic longer that I needed and clamped it to the inside of a sweet tin. Then heat was applied using a hairdryer and it resulted in forming the correct shape.

IMG_0472.JPG

I had left the protective film on the windscreen and it is wrongly showing up in the photo as if the plastic had melted.

IMG_0473.JPG

The end result.

IMG_0474.JPG

That's a good question Richie but it's one I find hard to answer. I have a box of both white and clear plastic which I have added to over the years from many suppliers. Unfortunately there is no identification marks on them but my best guess is Arcane who I have being dealing with for the past 4 years mainly as they usually provide a next day post free (UK) delivery. There's their Web Site;

http://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/?s=clear+plastic&post_type=product

I should have added the sheets have a protective film on both side, one clear and the other frosted. To prevent the plastic warping I use a low heat on the 'borrowed' hairdryer but I forget to leave it back so she always discovers it's use.

Edited by Kirley