Sign in to follow this  
Irishrailwayman

Wexford Model Railway Club Easter Exhibition 2017

The annual Easter exhibition will be held at St Joseph's Community Centre, Bishopswater, Wexford on Sunday 16th and Bank Holiday Monday 17th April 2017.

A wide range of model railways in all gauges are being invited along with other hobby exhibitors. Put it in your diary! More details closer to the event.

I am pleased to report that I have been invited to attend this show with my trade stand - loads of Irish and UK stock - and I will be there. One week later I will be at the North Down show at Bangor Grammar School for their 2-day show. Chris Dyer Toys & Trains.

http://www.chrisdyerfairs.co.uk

The following exhibits have been confirmed:

Layouts:

Joseph's Bridge OO IE/IR outline

Ballygannon OO IE outline (new)

MacMine Junction OO CIE/Steam outline

Rathmichael OO CIE/Supertrain outline

Bushville HO American outline (new)

Distillery Road OO UK outline

Over the Hill: A corner of Wexford OO Herbert Alexander

Cambell Riverside HO American outline John Izzard

Bridge Street OO UK/BR outline

Diesels On-shed OO UK/BR outline

Wexford OO

Oulart Road OO

Bramwich New N-gauge (8ft X 3ft) For Sale!

Thomas OO

Cynwyd N-gauge (New)

Shunters Yard OO UK/GWR outline

T-Trak Modules N-gauge

Sandown Valley Railway O/16.5 (narrow gauge)

Crescent Quarry Co Gn15/1:24 (New)

Donford OO UK outline

(More Model Railways TBC...)

Model Railway Diorama Display & Competition

Traders confirmed:

Marks Models

AllComponents

Model Rail Baseboards

Model Rail Accessories

Chris Dyer UK

Seán Ryan

Michael Morris

Brian Collins Enterprises Diecast

Kevin Finlay Diecast

WMRC second-hand sales/Raffle

Top Choice Embroidery

Bric 'a Brac stall

Other Exhibits include:

Diecast Farm & Steam displays, Tuskar Marine Modellers, St Joseph's Warhammer Club, 1916 GPO diorama, Military Model Tanks, Aircraft & Memorabilia, Napoleonic Battle Model Scene, Airsoft and more TBC....

A GWR Railcar waits for passengers at Shunters Yard:

DSCF1306.jpg

Further to the above, Feldorf a Continental layout in N gauge is to be presented by South Dublin MRC and Curracloe a OO gauge Irish layout is to be shown by the Model Railway Society of Ireland. An additional trader has promised to join us: GModelscene with Gabor Evenich.

Aerial view over Shunters Yard station

DSCF1267.jpg

Always a fantastic exhibition, well worth a visit, and one that I intend to visit again this year-all going well:tumbsup:

I am hopping up and down in agony, and an attack of the Multiple Conniptions and Screaming Fits is imminent, as I will have to miss this - I'll be entertaining American tourists that day in Killarney.

Awwwesome.

I am hopping up and down in agony, and an attack of the Multiple Conniptions and Screaming Fits is imminent, as I will have to miss this - I'll be entertaining American tourists that day in Killarney.

Awwwesome.

What could be more entertaining that an exhibition of the quintessential irish railway ... and you don't have to entertain in the Kingdom both days surely?

What could be more entertaining that an exhibition of the quintessential irish railway ... and you don't have to entertain in the Kingdom both days surely?

The exhibition will run from 12 noon Easter Sunday to 6 pm and Bank Holiday Monday from 11 am to 5 pm. Preparations are well underway and a great show is anticipated.

DSCF1493.jpg

Really looking forward to this exhibition. I've heard many positive things about it and the quality of layouts it attracts.

SDC19008 Cropped.jpg

A very clean looking 082 shunts preserved locomotives out of Connolly Shed in preparation for the Wexford Show this weekend.

My diorama as well as others and many great layouts will be making an appearance.

Say hi if you come along, I will be operating the American themed 'Bushville' layout built by WMRC over the weekend.

It certainly was worth the 402 mile round trip yesterday to this excellent exhibition,

Well done to the Lads at the Wexford club for organizing it,

It was great to meet some old friends and also some new ones, I managed to pick up some IE Cravens coaches for 30 euro each, from the local Wexford club stand there, which was less than what some of the trade stands were looking for,

Well worth a visit if you can make the trip.:tumbsup:

I'm out on a five day tour, Dive!! Next time.......

Gnash gnash.

It certainly was worth the 402 mile round trip yesterday to this excellent exhibition,

Well done to the Lads at the Wexford club for organizing it,

It was great to meet some old friends and also some new ones, I managed to pick up some IE Cravens coaches for 30 euro each, from the local Wexford club stand there, which was less than what some of the trade stands were looking for,

Well worth a visit if you can make the trip.:tumbsup:

I had a slightly shorter 250 mile round trip. My first time at this great show. I'll be back next year.

I headed down as well from Dublin. Was my first time attending. Well, well worth the visit! Lots of excellent layouts, both static and operational covering the rail, marine, military and haulage industries. Lots of space to view the layouts and some great chats along the way. Definitely well worth the visit! I, too, will be back next year.

I had a slightly shorter 250 mile round trip. My first time at this great show. I'll be back next year.

Unfortunately missed the legendary WMRC layout exhibition due to a last minute hitch that took me 250 miles in the wrong direction. Had planned to come down by train on Easter Monday. I've heard nothing but superlatives for this show, it's spacious venue and the vast number of excellent layouts it hosts. Will definitely make it next year. Looking forward to seeing a few pics and videos in due course.

Hi

It was a great show, lots of layouts and loads of chat, thoroughly enjoyed it

Well done to all the Wexford chaps and visitors

Eoin