Hornby Select & Light Signal R406

Rate this question

john83

Question

Hello all,

I run a double loop around the Christmas tree and I wanted to have a signal light. I bought hornby R406 however how do I get this to work? The instructions that accompany the signal are for DC only. Do I need to buy additional switches etc or can the signal just be wired to the aux at the back of the hornby select and turned from green to red and back? Seems all very complicated for a single signal. I thought it would be just "plug and play". Thanks guys.

John

4 answers to this question

Hi John,

The R406 is not DCC 'ready' as such/ so you'll need an accessory decoder, or a switch to make them work. You could plug two of the wires to the select aux/accessory bus to test - the Black and Green wires for example, then one of the two lamps should light up (probably the green lamp)

An easier solution is to use an automatic signal controller. Its a small module with and infra red detector that you place between the sleepers, as the train passes over it the controller switches the signal to red and then a timer starts then switches back to green. Available on my website for €20