Sign in to follow this  
richrua

Dutch gen van

Question

5 answers to this question

werkspoor droopy looking yokes. I don't know of any cosmetic bogie sideframes that are commercially available (EMc?) or what the most suitable wheelbase chasis donor is. 8'2 and change wheelbase.

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/content.php/262-Werkspoor-Dutch-GSV-Van-Drawings - but be careful of these drawings. I scratchbuilt a model using these dimensions, and it looked like an ogre.

Thanks Glenderg. Thought they were unusual looking things. Thanks for the details. Unfortunately I have a sudden weakness for gen vans once I realised there were none in my formations. They are very interesting tbh

Thanks Glenderg. Thought they were unusual looking things. Thanks for the details. Unfortunately I have a sudden weakness for gen vans once I realised there were none in my formations. They are very interesting tbh ��

Like yourself richrua, I have a weakness for the Dutch vans,unfortunately I would not have the skills

To build,scratch build or paint one. However if any of the irm team are watching what are the chances

Of both versions being produced at some stage, seeing as most trains needed a Dutch van.

Sorry to go off topic a small bit on you richrua.

Thing is, with gen vans, to go into production you would want to be confident that you can sell around 1,000 units. Most people would probably buy 1 or 2 maybe 3. But with the like of a wagon run you have alot of people buying 12 or more units each.

Like yourself richrua, I have a weakness for the Dutch vans,unfortunately I would not have the skills

To build,scratch build or paint one. However if any of the irm team are watching what are the chances

Of both versions being produced at some stage, seeing as most trains needed a Dutch van.

Sorry to go off topic a small bit on you richrua.

I was happy enough with this RTR one from SF. Now what I would really like are a few of the earlier heating and luggage vans with the nice shaped tumbledown.

IMG_4818.jpg

Edited by Noel