Irish Cement Colours

Rate this question

iarnrod

Question

Hi,

Does anyone have the RAL codes for the Irish Cement ivory and blue colours as used on the various cement wagons over the years?

Would also be interested in purchasing any Irish Cement tins of ivory/blue paint or old MIR Irish Cement decals if anyone has spares going a begging.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Hi Iarnrod, Railtec Models are just about to release a series of new packs in its Irish range, of which the cements will be included. Our transfers are printed in crystal clear accurate detail in full solid colours, going above and beyond to eradicate any blemishes in the printed article and placing specific focus on their durability both when soaking in solution and also once applied to the model and varnished. We are 100% confident that we will absolutely not be beaten on quality. In fact, we've just exclusively started supplying to Just Like The Real Thing in the UK and Pete Waterman uses Railtec transfers on his own personal layout. Please IM us privately or email "info AT railtec-models.com" with details of how many wagons you intend to model, and we will endeavour to meet your needs.

Details of our existing Irish range can be seen by following the link below:

http://railtec-models.com/catalog.php?type=5&gauge=4mm&xfer_region=2

Thanks,

railway-transfers[1].jpg

railway-transfers[1].jpg

Edited by railtec-transfers

Hi,

Does anyone have the RAL codes for the Irish Cement ivory and blue colours as used on the various cement wagons over the years?

Would also be interested in purchasing any Irish Cement tins of ivory/blue paint or old MIR Irish Cement decals if anyone has spares going a begging.

Thanks.

Hi Iarnroad

Irish Freight Models can build to order your curtain side, vertical door, and cement bubbles, with a bogie bulk cement wagon due for release in the autumn all going well also.

for our full list of stock, please email me at irishfreightmodels@gmail.com, just click this link for your photos.http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/138-2-Axle-Freight-Wagons-from-IFM

regards

Tom

Thanks for the replies.

As my interest lies mainly in railfreight, I plan on building my own wagons through a combination of 3D printing techniques, resin castings and photoetched metal. I wish Murphy Models would consider modern freight wagons as part of their range, but would imagine that it will be a number of years before they might consider doing them. I am aware others on this site are considering releasing freight models and I look forward to see what they have to offer.

I have purchased Railtec transfers previously and can testify that their transfer printing is extremely crisp and would have no hesitation using them again. I am delighted, therefore, to see that they are expanding their Irish range and I wish Steve the best of luck with this venture.

Still have no joy on the paint codes for the cement wagons......any takers?

hi the codes for the Irish Cement ivory and blue colours as used on the various cement wagons over the years are - MIR2 Irish cement "Traders Ivory (dull) by Phoenix Precision Paints"

for the curtain side and cements you have a choice - MIR Northern Ireland inter-city blue (dull) will do also by phoenix Precision paints will do, the shades of blue varied from paint to re-paint and the weather, so any makes paint will do if it looks right to you

The guillotine cememts are i lot lighter in shade, not to sure whats best for those, some were painted wagon grey

the bubbles can be painted wagon grey for early days and P881 CIE Golden Brown (Dull)

try giving them a shout Clifton Flewitt may also have some stock left and he attend model shows around the country and the IRRS in Dublin Hueston Station on Tuesday evenings, which will reopen from Sept 4TH

Phoenix Precision Paints Ltd

P.O.Box 8238, Chelmsford,

Essex. CM1 7WY

Telephone:- (01268) 730549

e.mail: sales@phoenix-paints.co.uk website: http://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk

(Normal Hours: Mon - Thurs 09.30 - 17.00. Fri 09.30 -16.00 hrs)

Edited by waffles