MM0201 - River Shannon wanted

Rate this topic

Noel

Hi Guys, First question is did Murphy Models produce running no 201 "River Shannon" or was no 201 a Lima?

If the former I'd be interested in a new or pristine boxed MM0201. As you know I'm not a fan of the prototype because its not my era but I probably should have a single example of the class. Can't find any record of MM0201 on any of the retailers web sites. Cheers. Noel

It was the first MM 201 to sell out Noel. It's very hard to come by. I've only found 2 examples over the past 4 years of looking for it and bought one as a collectors item never to be run because of it's rarity. If you do see a clean boxed example expect to pay over the RRP for it.

Only pity is that Murphy released it in the awful revised yellow face livery and not the original.

It was the first MM 201 to sell out Noel. It's very hard to come by. I've only found 2 examples over the past 4 years of looking for it and bought one as a collectors item never to be run because of it's rarity. If you do see a clean boxed example expect to pay over the RRP for it.

Only pity is that Murphy released it in the awful revised yellow face livery and not the original.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to make do with no 210 which most retailers seem to have in stock. Actually the number 201 is not the attraction for me it is the name 'River Shannon' where we spend a lot of time. :) River Erne is our next favourite boating spot.

I tried to buy one that I spotted at the Blackrock show last year and seller said "Sorry no, I'm holding it for someone else and there is loads of interest for it" Then take it off the table and stop teasing people.:SORRY: I was willing to pay 50 over the odds for it as it was brand new, perfect box, never run.

It's very hard to come by. I've only found 2 examples over the past 4 years of looking for it and bought one as a collectors item never to be run because of it's rarity. If you do see a clean boxed example expect to pay over the RRP for it.

True, but I picked up one in last year. I can't remember where, probably on the 'Bay but I don't recall that I paid wildly over the odds for it. Maybe lucky

Is Co. Armagh not in Ireland then?

Actually that seller is very accommodating, and will post to Ireland. He has sent some things to the US for me.

You have a PM Noel.

You have another if you haven't acquired a Shannon

• 4 weeks later...
Pleasure doing business with you Noel

Its the first time I was ever given more than I asked for for an item . . .

Likewise. It was a fair price Dave. :tumbsup: I was just about to buy River Erne from a retailer, when you offered me River Shannon. Two of our favourite summer haunts. :)