BosKonay

eBay Watch

Colin,

There's been much discussion on this forum about Silverfox products, which can end up getting quite heated.

Simply put, if you want a model who's cabs look like they've been belted with a swallow tail shovel, and painted in a shade of orange that was specified by Willy Wonka' oompa loompas, rather than CIE, go for it. If you just want to play trains of an evening they'll suit fine.

If you're of the purist persuasion, much work has to be done and I'd recommend the studio scale sulzer b101 kit over SF as it captures the shape.

As far as MM is concerned and metrovicks, until you hear a firm statement from him, ruling in or out, I wouldn't assume anything.

Richie

Thanks Richie,

I think I will wait until a proper kit or model is available, I have nothing against silver fox produces, but I would prefer to buy something that fits in with the better detail models available today.

I am sure I have seen a 3D print of these 3 loco bodies somewhere, but I don't think it was on shapeways.

Colin

Colin,

There's been much discussion on this forum about Silverfox products, which can end up getting quite heated.

Simply put, if you want a model who's cabs look like they've been belted with a swallow tail shovel, and painted in a shade of orange that was specified by Willy Wonka' oompa loompas, rather than CIE, go for it. If you just want to play trains of an evening they'll suit fine.

If you're of the purist persuasion, much work has to be done and I'd recommend the studio scale sulzer b101 kit over SF as it captures the shape.

As far as MM is concerned and metrovicks, until you hear a firm statement from him, ruling in or out, I wouldn't assume anything.

Richie

Do we have a firm statement from IRM ruling them in or out yet?!!!

A R-T-R "A" and "C" at the very least, along with a good kit or RTR fertiliser and cattle wagon would go a huge, huge way in the hobby.

We're seeing the modern era, tipped era, supertrsin era and black'n'tan era very impressively covered now. A good set of green'n'silver and steam eras would give some great choices.

We are about to get a RTR GSWR / GSR / CIE J15. This is the single most essential loco of all of the steam era, along with Des' excellent SSM J15 kit.

A Midland 6-wheeler and a decent GSWR or MGWR six-wheel passenger brake would conclude the basics.

I'm keeping a close eye on this. If it fetches a half decent price I'll be tempted to sell my copy! :P

Signed?

The three pack of ballast wagons went for £89, approx €101. Quite how he can afford to sell at such a discount.

Stephen

The three pack of ballast wagons went for £89, approx €101. Quite how he can afford to sell at such a discount.

Stephen

Its the risk you take with ebay. For every person who got a bargain there is someone who recorded a loss. Same way there are always people who match 99p opening bids and dont bid any more even if the item sells for £50 or more. Ebay wont give the value of an item, only what someone is willing to pay, whether its a high or low price