Sutton Locomotive Works Class 24 - D50000.

Rate this topic

RedRich

Have any of our BR modellers got their hands on one of these yet. From pics it looks a really fine model and has raised the bar in 00 rtr. Although with every new model there are some that have found discrepancies with the bodyside etched grilles. Having said that the majority seem delighted with their models.

Rich,

Have any of our BR modellers got their hands on one of these yet. From pics it looks a really fine model and has raised the bar in 00 rtr. Although with every new model there are some that have found discrepancies with the bodyside etched grilles. Having said that the majority seem delighted with their models.

Rich,

Not yet Rich. If they do a 24 with head code boxes I'll take the plunge. The sound is supposed to be amazing.

Not yet Rich. If they do a 24 with head code boxes I'll take the plunge. The sound is supposed to be amazing.

Fran I listened to a sound model on youtube through a good set of headphones and it sounded amazing. Two speakers really make a massive difference.

Rich,

The other selling point is that it's available as RTR P4. Price is at least £200, but if you want it badly enough, there's no other option.

I think that is a great idea having it available in 00, EM, and P4. I believe that the P4 wheels are even finer than Ultrascales. Plus no six month wait.

Rich,

• 2 weeks later...

Ive played with a sound fitted one, well worth the money. The bar has been set exceptionally high with this model in terms of everything - promotion, packaging the lot. None of this 'coming in 2017, deposits welcome' promotion, just Bang, here it is, would you like to purchase and bring it home today? Complete in its tin box with a clear plastic display stand like what you get with 1/43 diecast model cars.

The amount of little details and options fitted to it is unreal, never mind its smooth running, lighting or the 20+ different DCC sounds or their quality. its the 1st time Ive been genuine impressed with factory DCC sound as those who know me personally will easily say Im most of the time a detractor of DCC sound as it just does not have the presence that it should. Other things like the cab interior lights dimming in and out along with grilles on the underside of the underframe that you would never normally see. Only scratching the surface here

This is not just a new model or manufacturer appearing - this is a gamechanger. Its almost not worth comparing with other Benchmark OO Gauge British locos like the Bachmann Prototype Deltic, Heljan Hymek/Lion or the Hornby Class 60 - its on its own level above everything else

http://sulzertype2.co.uk

Watched one of these beauts running last night

As Rich said the second speaker makes a huge difference, not just in terms of Volume but there just seemed to be a much better tone, really impressive

Also the fine detail was pure class, a lot of work has gone into it and it shows

Would not class myself as a lover of BR Diesels but this really raises the bar

• 2 weeks later...
The presentation, packaging, attention to detail and ultimate finish of the thing leave most manufacturers locos looking like cheap toys!

Enjoy Stephen. Just S T U N N I N G

Top class - a different class altogether. That raises the bar to a new level for model diesel locos. I've never seen any RTR nor kit built diesel loco get within a country mile of that level of quality and precision detail. 3D, resin, plasticard and brass simply cannot compete with injection moulded plastic for quality.

Would love to see a video of her running at some stage especially low speed tasks, stop and start, etc.

Enjoy Stephen. Just S T U N N I N G

Top class - a different class altogether. That raises the bar to a new level for model diesel locos. I've never seen any RTR nor kit built diesel loco get within a country mile of that level of quality and precision detail. 3D, resin, plasticard and brass simply cannot compete with injection moulded plastic for quality.

Would love to see a video of her running at some stage especially low speed tasks, stop and start, etc.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one Noel. My Brass LMS 10000 diesel knocks the spots off the Dapol and Bachmann equivalents. I've put the three of them side by side and there's only one, very clear winner.

Fran I listened to a sound model on youtube through a good set of headphones and it sounded amazing. Two speakers really make a massive difference.

Rich,

I understand that the BR Class 24 has the same engine as the CIE Class B101 (I fitted SW Digital's BR24 sound file into one of Westies 101 kits). BR Blue era is probably the UK equivalent in nostalgia terms to Ireland's golden brown/black era?

I understand that the BR Class 24 has the same engine as the CIE Class B101 (I fitted SW Digital's BR24 sound file into one of Westies 101 kits). BR Blue era is probably the UK equivalent in nostalgia terms to Ireland's golden brown/black era?

Correct, same engine as our Sulzers. BR blue is seeing serious nostalgia in recent years. I think it's the diverse loco classes on elderly stock and what people with disposable income now remember most fondly!

I'd have to disagree with you on that one Noel. My Brass LMS 10000 diesel knocks the spots off the Dapol and Bachmann equivalents. I've put the three of them side by side and there's only one, very clear winner.

I agree Fran the FIA Trains twins are amazing and are on a level of their own compared to the other two mentioned.

Rich,

Correct, same engine as our Sulzers. BR blue is seeing serious nostalgia in recent years. I think it's the diverse loco classes on elderly stock and what people with disposable income now remember most fondly!

A Hoover in large logo blue always does it for me. Mind you I prefer a 37, 40, 47, Deltic, etc in all over blue.

Rich,

If you're needing to portray sheet metal, only brass or nickel-silver will do it. Plastic or whitemetal is generally too thick.

Also, the FIA "Twins" were fine in OO, but didn't run quite so well if converted to EM or P4....