Kirley junction

Rate this topic

Kirley

The green A class looked fab. Is that the one with two power bogies? What is the origin of the nice 'Ranks' wagons (i.e. kit, RTR, etc)?

Yes Noel, two Class 55 power bogies, a very smooth runner. The Rank wagons were a private commission and did not disappoint.

Ballast Wagons at work on both Networks.

Nice video Kieran. Your diverse range of rolling stock looks really great. The 3 IRM ballast wagons blended nicely into your own rake. Liked the subtle weathering on the IR/IE autoballasters.

Ran some very old stock today. Some MkII coaches with MIR brass etched sides, showing their age.

IMG_1103x.jpg

IMG_1104x.jpg

IMG_1109x.jpg

IMG_1110x.jpg

IMG_1111x.jpg

Some Lima coaches converted into NIR Enterprise stock.

IMG_1105x.jpg

IMG_1106x.jpg

IMG_1108x.jpg

Finally ran some Shale Wagons with 078 providing the power.

IMG_1112x.jpg

IMG_1113x.jpg

IMG_1114x.jpg

IMG_1115x.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28008[/ATTACH]

Super scenes Kieran and especially your NIR stock looks great, but this shot in particular is stunning. It looks like a calendar photograph taken out in the country side of a real train. You half expect to see a '© The Wanderer' or '© Kieran Marshall' on the bottom of the image such is the realism and composition quality! :)

004x.JPG

I have taken the decision to no longer post on this forum.

Firstly I would like to thank all those many members who have helped and advised me over the years without which I would have never achieved so much in such a short time. The degree of assistance was such that I regard them as friends though I have never met many of them.

Secondly I would like to point out my reason for leaving was the recent attitude and comments of a Moderator who had not even the courtesy to reply to my last Post.

Thirdly I want to pay a complement to Stephen and all his team at IRM for the recent introduction of what is going to be a fantastic range of detailed rolling stock and wish them well in the future.

Kieran

Kieran, take a couple of deep breaths, a cup of tea and a small stroll through some leafy suburbs

Some years back I had a similar problem here, I was only short of hopping in the car and steaming off to sort him out

Decided I would never post here again and felt very sorry for myself for a few days

Later on I kind of missed the craic here and slowly crept back into it

I think you are a very important member here, I have watched your layout progress with envy and also your building skills

I actually didnt see what all the pulava was about with your post, a lot worse has managed to get through over the years

OK so maybe take some time out but please remain as a contributor here, we need more members like you.

XXX

• Like 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28060[/ATTACH]

I have taken the decision to no longer post on this forum.

Firstly I would like to thank all those many members who have helped and advised me over the years without which I would have never achieved so much in such a short time. The degree of assistance was such that I regard them as friends though I have never met many of them.

Secondly I would like to point out my reason for leaving was the recent attitude and comments of a Moderator who had not even the courtesy to reply to my last Post.

Thirdly I want to pay a complement to Stephen and all his team at IRM for the recent introduction of what is going to be a fantastic range of detailed rolling stock and wish them well in the future.

Kieran

Kieran you are and have been one of the most informative, constructive, helpful, polite and inspiring members of this entire form. This is a most unfortunate development and the forum will be the weaker for it. One can only hope this might somehow be resolved. Noel

Hi Kieran. Apologies in not getting back to your recent reply. I could go into why the delay has taken place but I'm sure you've no interest in hearing that. I will pm you later on the matter. However, if you decide to move on then that's your decision and I wish you all the best and thank you for your contributions over the years.

Kieran and Fran,

It would be a shame to lose your valuable contribution's from Kirley Junction,

Having had the pleasure of meeting the both of you at various times over the last few years, I do sincerely hope that this matter can be resolved quickly and easily.

Ah Kirley,

would you stop, you have been one of the great contributors to this forum, sure look at those amazing photos of your stock you last posted- that would be sorely missed. Listen to wrennie- he's a big B***x and we all hate him but I do agree with him;) don't do it, take a few weeks away from this annoying place and things will look different when you return....

...and I will finish those bogie sides, I promise

I better run I can hear wrennie's car starting!

Eoin

I can understand where Kieran is coming from and respect what he has to say. It is very easy to caught up in an open forum where it is all to easy to vent your disappointment. I came away from Bangor quite disappointed. I discussed this in an earlier posting but I guess it was my own fault that I didn't arrange to meet up with forum members on the day. I had some great conversation with the folk at the IRM stall and that really made my day!

Edited by TonyMcGartland

Sorry to read of your decision to 'disappear' over some comments made by someone who clearly should know better. As a new member to the site, I can honestly say I have admired the work you have completed and shown. I can only hope I can achieve the same standard one day. It is a great loss to everyone to lose such an inspiration. Keep posting and ignore the negativity.

Hi Kieran. Apologies in not getting back to your recent reply. I could go into why the delay has taken place but I'm sure you've no interest in hearing that. I will pm you later on the matter. However, if you decide to move on then that's your decision and I wish you all the best and thank you for your contributions over the years.

Thank you for taking the time to write to me personally on this matter which I now consider closed.

• 1 year later...

Kieran ,  Gone or not from IRM,  i hope you reconsider,

your wonderful layout has inspired me, especially the greenery, it made you layout typically Irish in the Western European Flora sense, you achieved have that 'lush' look with ground cover, hedges and tall trees, I had pondered for months if i would use all the moss and twigs I had been collecting, having just visited this thread for the first time and seen your amazing layout and also your amazing weathering develop over all the years, it has inspired me to go green and cover the entire layout with foliage and then start weathering my stock , if ever I get the time.

Gone or not THANK YOU.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...