The ultimate 4mm scale LMS "Duchess" kit?

Rate this topic

Horsetan

Looks like Brassmasters, producer of kits with just about everything in them, are making 2016 an expensive year for LMS fans.... :banana:

Yer man here is after putting his name down for one, on account of already having a set of Ultrascale wheels all ready for the job.....

And his web site is straight out of 1998, but its brass so bound to be from the last century.

And his web site is straight out of 1998' date=' but its brass so bound to be from the last century.[/quote']

Nonsense. Whilst the website is archaic his brass castings and kits are cutting edge. A classic case of don't be judging a book by its cover. No need to damage a manufacturers reputation when you've not bought any of their products or indeed have any experience of them/seen them in the flesh. Poor show.

Nonsense. Whilst the website is archaic his brass castings and kits are cutting edge. A classic case of don't be judging a book by its cover. No need to damage a manufacturers reputation when you've not bought any of their products or indeed have any experience of them/seen them in the flesh. Poor show.

Apologies I made no mention of the products, just the 'archaic' website.

Pearls before swine....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21844[/ATTACH]

Oh dear Gentle Lord....swoon, flutter, weak at the knees etc. etc.

That is just glorious. It's one thing to build it, but can you imagine the r&d to get that stuff to market???

Glorious.

And the website is completely functional, does exactly what it says on the tin, no scrolling, just two clicks and you're there.

Edited by Weshty

Apologies I made no mention of the products, just the 'archaic' website.

You said it's brass so bound to be from the last century, so what did you mean. The Brassmaster site is like a lot of kit manufacturers sites in the UK and they all carry top of the range kit's and castings.

Rich,

I'd agree rich. Many of the UK small manufacturers websites are almost hilarious in their ability to be navigated. Given that it's not long since it was all SAE, mail order, and postal orders, it's a tectonic shift for some companies!

UK cottage industries never cease to amaze with the ability to supply the uber rivet counter, and the quality is usually outstanding.

And Eoin, don't expect a response from Weshty, he's probably dreaming of D17's and all manner of kettle engineering after seeing the stunning inspiration above :P

I'd agree rich. Many of the UK small manufacturers websites are almost hilarious in their ability to be navigated. Given that it's not long since it was all SAE, mail order, and postal orders, it's a tectonic shift for some companies!

UK cottage industries never cease to amaze with the ability to supply the uber rivet counter, and the quality is usually outstanding.

And Eoin, don't expect a response from Weshty, he's probably dreaming of D17's and all manner of kettle engineering after seeing the stunning inspiration above :P

I've been looking for some bits on the Michael Clarke brochure Richie. Sterling, check, postal order, or bankers draft, no paypal or electronic payment, but my god they are fantastic etchings and castings. Don't mention the rivet counter words, certain fella's shirts and trousers will start ripping and they'll turn green. They don't like folks with an eye for detail.

Rich,

Oh dear Gentle Lord....swoon, flutter, weak at the knees etc. etc.

That is just glorious. It's one thing to build it, but can you imagine the r&d to get that stuff to market???

Glorious.

And the website is completely functional, does exactly what it says on the tin, no scrolling, just two clicks and you're there.

I detect Des raising his game even as he wrote that.... :banana:

'tis not easy being SSM - he has to be Malcolm Mitchell+Martin Finney+Brassmasters+Masokits for all of Ireland.

Having managed to acquire samples of much of Brassmasters' loco kit range over the years, their artwork is good enough to frame and go on show at the National Gallery.

Des, there's still time to snap up the very last Brassmasters Princess kit if further inspiration is needed. They only produced 40 kits. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

Edited by Horsetan

If I had the cash I would've bought that princess kit, to put by till the skills were good enough to build it. The hornby equivalent is rotten. Late BR in heavily weathered condition. Some of the kit/scratch built ones from the likes of Michael Edge on RMWeb are stunners.

Will the brassmasters offering of the coronation cater for the Ivatt variant? The force is strong with that one.

If I had the cash I would've bought that princess kit, to put by till the skills were good enough to build it. ....

I sold my oul BMW to buy the Brassmasters Princess last year. It was worth the sacrifice.

Michael/Judith Edge's Princess etches are still available at £45. Brassmasters say they will still sell the detail castings from their Princess kit separately, and may still produce spare etches if needed.

Will the brassmasters offering of the coronation cater for the Ivatt variant?....

No. But there's nothing stopping ye buying the Comet Ivatt detail/conversion kit (LDP08) and adapting it to work with the Brassmasters..... Sure there'll be people trying this.

Edited by Horsetan