New look!

Rate this topic

BosKonay

What options would you like / think relevant? The new look is the sites ' branding' as such, the only other option would be to have additional colours? The change has also added a matching Mobile theme

To be honest, I don't really care, but it does seem to matter a lot to some people - it was a cause of great debate on my other forum and a few options seemed to satisfy people.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to sort out an internet connection at home this evening on our iPad and went onto irm as I figured it was a site that she'd never visit. Internet is fine, the other website was the problem. Anyway, I couldn't access the resources section either. It seems that the IRM logo is covering both the 'forum' and 'resources' buttons on our iPad. The buttons are there, it's just the logo takes precedence. I checked it on my phone and there doesn't seem to be an option for that, but I'll have another look.

Grambit

Its an attempt at humour, something that has been missing from the site for a while

By the way the Mk 111's are kosher Lima/MM ones

There seemed to be a couple of different shades around

No problem, Dave. It's all good! Genuine all right but yes more than one even back then. Still looking for a couple more and that restaurant you're holding for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys - any glitches or anything just update here let me know! Check out the new Mobile theme too the next time you are on your phone...

New look is grand, but noticed a couple of things:

I generally have three methods of access: PC, i-Pad/tablet, or Android phone (Xiaomi Note 4G) and can't quite get my head around the following:

1. On i-Pad, I can't see my own photo albums;

2. On Android phone, I can see my albums, but have no means of uploading to them, or adding new albums;

Are my settings wrong?

Note: not tried PC access yet.

Edited by Horsetan

Update: I can access the Photo Albums via PC, albeit in a roundabout way (there seems to be no direct link) with full upload / expansion facility, but this seems to be the only method.

Android only gives viewing access (no uploading allowed at all), and

i-Pad/tablet no access to albums at all - it's as if they didn't exist.

Edited by Horsetan

Well it's just over a month since the site was changed & as I said then I didnt like it then & I don't like it now, it was too bright then & it's too bright now, the change of text is not to my liking if I can change it I will, don't know if it's the fact I'm using an IPad ( 1st. Generation ) but I'll live in hope :-bd

Does anyone know why, when I type out a title for a new thread, only the first letter comes out as a capital, whilst everything else remains stubbornly lower-case?

That is a feature of your smartphone or tablet, not the forum software. Most portable internet devices especially touch screen ones auto capitalise 1st word of every sentence.

Just noticed the forum has returned to its previous theme (i.e. look), and I have to say it is much easier on the eye. Less straining as there is better contrast definition on thread listings so its easier to pick out topics from the rest of the info. Don't know if this is temporary, but it is less tiring on the eye. :)

EDIT: I just noticed my login has switched to 'IRM Old Style'. Don't know how it happened, but thank you site admins for leaving it available as an option. It's sooooo much easier to read. :) There is still the option switch on the new style 'Irish Railway Modeller FLUID'.

Edited by Noel

When I went back to the old version I decided to stay with the new one. I've gotten used to it now, and the old one just looks to..old!
Sure. I've been using the new one too since its release and it is nice and modern looking, but as I found the old one today I just find it easier to read.

• 1 month later...
I can't seem to edit any of my posts that are over two weeks old...

Two weeks? I can;t edit any posts more than 23 hours old as a matter of routine

Same here Harry. Attempts at updating the Ammonia assembly thread have failed. Flux Capacitor must be on the blink again.

Needs fuel, Ritchie. I'll send over some banana skins:banana::banana::banana:

… although you've got the depleted uranium packets for emergency use:D

Edited by DiveController