Dundara and Ballycon

Rate this topic

richrua

Thanks folks. I made the bar myself to sit with the Ould house Bachmann building. I had a good look at some real street buildings and settled on a fairly straightforward design. The name was a photo that I printed off v small till I got it right. The facade is made with plasticard strip.

I have concentrated on this area in order to complete it. The points that I can't reach are now wired.

The steam era J15 has been neglected for some time. The weeds grow thick around her wheels, although I am surprised nobody has nicked the coal.

(Not a real j15 just a cheeky conversion for a set piece) image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes Jason, many many people would disagree and dislike to see different eras together. To be honest I will eventually try to run correct trains at least, but I have no intention at all of focussing on one era. Life is too short to only get one livery of murphy models !!!!

Thanks. Yes Jason, many many people would disagree and dislike to see different eras together. To be honest I will eventually try to run correct trains at least, but I have no intention at all of focussing on one era. Life is too short to only get one livery of murphy models !!!! ������

I loved the liveries of the early/mid 90s myself,but your right i find its very hard not to pick up anything either side of that!as you said life is short run what you want.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello there. the dcc concepts solenoid unit makes the electrics a lot easier. feeds straight off bus and the motors run through my NCE handset. less wires running all over the place.

The woolie is grand. I will be getting the rpsi coach set as i plan to have her run as a made-up preserved loco alongside the more modern shtuff.

John, wasn't 184 put in CIE green sometime during the 80s?

It was. Then it was repainted black with a yellow snail and a yellow line along the running board. Then 461 was painted black with a yellow snail!

All looked very well, it has to be said, but were historically inaccurate in all respects.