enniscorthymans workbench

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

The Van and the LC look great Eamonn. The most important aspect of the hobby is to catch a moment in time, and you have recreated a very evocative period of the railway at that time so 10 out of 10 for that, and the fine modelling also. Are the signals the SSM signals Eamonn. I have some to build but I am trying to hold off on building them until I can actually start building the layout.

Rich,

That brake van look sweet mate well done.:-bd Is there no roof supplied with the kit

There is a sort of strip supplied but for me it does not work.

George got a full brass strip that he had and stuck it on.I hope

To find some rain strips at some stage for the roof.

Rich,the layout signals are from MSE as far as I know as

the layout is a unused part of Gerry Byrnes Ballybeg.

I have my own SSM signals and crossing gates to install

In time

Paul,the kit is very enjoyable to build,but you will have to study

your steps you take.i don't know how long it took me as I had

To run in and out of the man shed when I got a bit of time.

I can't wait to see georges van when finished.

Excellent work E-man, mine has been sitting at the apply the handrails stage, I must get it finished. Did Westie say it could be built in an hour? not by me anyway.

Not by me either,but if you had no distractions like wife-kids calling

You then maybe so.look forward to seeing yours.

Guest hidden-agenda

if you had no distractions like wife-kids calling.

I tried ignoring the calls of daddy but then it becomes DAAAAAADDDDDDYYYYY and puts you off and its against the law to discharge a shot gun. Isnt it?

I tried ignoring the calls of daddy but then it becomes DAAAAAADDDDDDYYYYY and puts you off and its against the law to discharge a shot gun. Isnt it?

Distractions-distractions,I am glad I am not the only

one to suffer this.More than likely it happens during

a highly crucial stage of painting or gluing something.

I had the same experience yesterday Gareth, the young fella said quick dad come and have a look at this. I said to the young fella I'm busy, he says but it's too much of a good opportunity to miss. He is only six and after a statement of intent like that, how could I say no. What I want to know is how the hell a six year old can make a statement like that. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

Rich,

Distractions-distractions,I am glad I am not the only

one to suffer this.More than likely it happens during

a highly crucial stage of painting or gluing something.

Eamonn anytime I look to herself to save me when the kids want me to do something, the answer is, well Rich you dipped the wick now it's time to pay for the oil. Women have never had it so good:((.

Rich,

Eamonn anytime I look to herself to save me when the kids want me to do something, the answer is, well Rich you dipped the wick now it's time to pay for the oil. Women have never had it so good:((.

Rich,

I was going to suggest that you take a couple of shillings off the house-keeping until she sees sense, but I suspect that it's a lost cause..

I was going to suggest that you take a couple of shillings off the house-keeping until she sees sense, but I suspect that it's a lost cause..

lads, you are wasting your time-they will only get you some other way!...........''hell hath no fury'' and all that!! (but you got to love them anyway:))

Guest hidden-agenda

That,s a short cut way to losing parts of your anatomy including fingers (end of a chaps modelling career) just point the barrel of the gun out the shed door it normally scares them off.

Lads the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. I'm getting very worried with all this talk of guns Gareth. Can I expect harder times ahead, that might call for the use of firearms to protect me from she who must be obeyed.

Jim if I was to try and withhold any cash from my missus 6 months in Jail would be preferable to a few hours of her fury. Can't live with them can't live without them.

Rich,

Guest hidden-agenda

=)

Lads the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. I'm getting very worried with all this talk of guns Gareth. Can I expect harder times ahead, that might call for the use of firearms to protect me from she who must be obeyed.

Jim if I was to try and withhold any cash from my missus 6 months in Jail would be preferable to a few hours of her fury. Can't live with them can't live without them.

Rich i never said pull the trigger and just between you and me i have two bits of shower rail bonded together and sprayed black, its very convincing but i know it wont be long till my two girls call my bluff or worse still get a bigger one and point it in the door at me.To look on the bright side of things they have named me THE HEAD IN THE SHED as they claim thats the only bit of me they see when im in there.=))

hello philip is my name ,just the site. your work looks great, can you tell me where you got that small book on irish stock. i had a book like that years ago an am looking for it for a long time. i see you use shapeways. i got 8 of the bullion shells. good quality.

chat ya

philip

p.s. my name here is semaphoretilly.

You're very unlucky Seamus as you have two of them to put up with, the missus and the MIL, and if I'm not mistaken you also have two daughters. I'll keep you in my prayers every night.

Rich,

yes, most of fine outstanding gentlemen are only hen-pecked....im fecking riddled!!!:((

Finally got the 30 ton break van done.I have to say the kit is very enjoyable to

build,and well done Des.I used Ral 3009-red oixed from Vinnie Byrne .com as this

has proved very handy for me as I dont have a proper air brush system so this works

a treat,as the ballast hopper wagons and MIR bogie feralizer wagons got the same.

Plenty of superglue left on the body will give a flakey appearance when paint is put on

as this will give a somewhat wornout rusty-like areas that appear on the real thing.

breakvan019.jpg

breakvan020.jpg

breakvan023.jpg

breakvan026.jpg

breakvan027.jpg

breakvan028.jpg

breakvan032.jpg

breakvan036.jpg

breakvan038.jpg

breakvan041.jpg

breakvan043.jpg

breakvan044.jpg

Clucking bell Eamon, lovely, lovely job done. You've made it exactly as I had envisioned it! May I use one or two of the photos on the SSM site? Might even give them their own page! Love the duckets. Did the 2mm masking tape come in useful?

And great to see the signals coming along as well.

Edited by Weshty

Clucking bell Eamon, lovely, lovely job done. You've made it exactly as I had envisioned it! May I use one or two of the photos on the SSM site? Might even give them their own page! Love the duckets. Did the 2mm masking tape come in useful?

And great to see the signals coming along as well.

Hi Des,

Work away on any photos you want.

I used a pre done black stripes for the veranda.

Does anyone know how easy the MM 201's bodys come off.

I need to fit a bass reflex speaker in mine.

I have to be carefull I tend to get a bit ham fisted.

Seen the photo but not sure if the body just pulls off or not.

Ta,

Wiggy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got around to finishing this girl.She has SSM A class detail brass parts

and a Lima class 50 chassis.I am happy enough with the model apart from

painting by hand the white area above windscreen which was a bugger.

Handy enough to paint as not to much to do only I probably should have

done a white under coat and mask off at the start for the headlight area

as Anthony had suggested to me:eek:.

Now the the big problem is the lima chassis is crap and a poor runner,

and the new sound chip wont work properly as I would say I need to

stick on more contacts on the bogies for better connection.

6f55d2bd-9b1c-4d11-b481-e916959367bc.jpg

7b179631-53ac-4de9-b3aa-af225746bfc4.jpg

703c8af1-e08b-41ef-8d26-5020637d017e.jpg

205e3608-6099-4142-bfbe-033510700dd8.jpg

ab0473e9-21f8-419a-8073-55840d607b8f.jpg