Would you prepay for a model?

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Would you be prepared to pay in advance for a model production?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be prepared to pay in advance for a model production?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to run a poll after this one lads we need suggestions of actual prototypes rather than "anything". Maybe keep it to one or two suggestions too otherwise the list might get very long! Cheers.

I think that is what is happening with these posts to gauge interest?

People are suggesting two or three on here and hopefully there will be some predominant items recurrently mentioned, which I guess would be what we potentially run with if it went ahead

I think that is what is happening with these posts to gauge interest?

People are suggesting two or three on here and hopefully there will be some predominant items recurrently mentioned, which I guess would be what we potentially run with if it went ahead

A couple of posts have mentioned "any Irish loco" etc. We cant really put that in as an entry in a poll. If anyone wants to take the idea forward a notch they can use the data from these polls to add a concrete base to their case and see if there is any desire for such a project to occur. First, find out if people are willing to pay up front. Then find out exactly what most people want and take it from there. When this poll finishes we will open a new poll with the suggestions in this thread to see what the most popular item will be.

Yes but only if locos are centre drive (ie dual driving bogies), dual flywheel, all wheel drive and all wheel pickup with lights, 21pin DCC socket and speaker box, same quality as MMs :)

1. A class black & tan
  2. Steam Mogul 2-6-0 DCC ready (direct drive with flywheel + Stay alive)
  3. 121 class (option for dummy non driving 121 for pairs)

237 views and only 21 votes? Is that 21 people checking this forum 10+ times each, or just a load of forum lurkers not bothering voting? Hup yer game folks, this is truly appalling. Log in - vote - simples.

Oops, been skewing that statistic a little GD as I viewed the new comments that were posted pretty regularly. But yes, have seen all the usual suspects on the thread but that's not a lot of people. Based on BK's? recent stats there are hundreds of people on this site. I'm presuming (Mod, correct me if I'm wrong) but only members can vote on this poll?

I notice when I'm on the site that there are several members but many more guests at any one time. They may be modelers that do not happen to be members or casual passers-by, I'm not sure. I'd need to refer back to those stats on that thread.

This is not a general election for another rainbow coalition:rolleyes:

If you want to have the possibility of a new model you've got to vote, folks. Even if its no, :facepalm: please still let us know that you're not up for this. You don't have to post any comments.

So far with 21 possibles, we'd only have to buy 25 models each so I'm still optimistic ;)

:trains:

Edited by DiveController

Based on BK's? recent stats there are hundreds of people on this site. I'm presuming (Mod, correct me if I'm wrong) but only members can vote on this poll?

:trains:

We have 603 members, of whom 202 visited the site in the last month (defined as 'active' as a result)

We do see a large amount of non signed-up traffic, which is normal enough, most members will read and lurk for (in some cases) months before joining.

This is a great idea in principle. Two thoughts. First choice of liveries could be a problem as economies of scale would preclude doing say three runs in different liveries. Secondly there are two possible 'crowd' scheme options, one where folk are not shareholders and simply prepay for loco stock, alternatively where folks prepay what is in effect equity in a scheme. In the former the sole 'owner' earns revenue going forward, wheras in the second it is shared by the group members (ie stock or dividends), but this can be costly to administer. Just a thought.

For an insight into how Kickstarter works it's worth looking at this website. http://www.ngaugependolino.com/

At the moment it's a speculative exercise to see if there is interest there, then what people would be interested in. After that it's up to individual(s) to take the data to the next left if they so wish to do. I wouldnt worry about the politics or the inner workings of how something like this would eventually work just yet.