Rachelstown and St Stephens Green

Rate this topic

Looks very well! What combination of scenics did you use?

David I used some woodland scenic and heki trees and sea foam dipped into 50/50 PVA glue/water then dusted with scatter for the rest of the trees. Ground cover is again woodland scenics clump foliage, rubberised horse hair dipped into the glue mix and rolled in scatter (scatter from Jarvis range).and all glued on. and sprayed with cheap tesco hair spray to hold in place

Edited by The Derry Road

Brilliant Layout the Town with the Church on the Back scene looks very much like Ross on Wye

Herefordshire UK I am now following this layout with interest great stock !!! David Wexford

Dave I'm unsure of the location of the backscene, its from the Gaugemaster range, I,ve used three of these throughout the layout all different of course TDR

Edited by The Derry Road

Could you post more pics of the station area please?:D

GSR 800, will do this weekend. I've been working my way round towards the station area and finished off today at the platform edges. Hopefully I will have completed the whole of the basic greenery by Sunday and I'll post a few then, from both ends of the station. TDR

GSR 800, will do this weekend. I've been working my way round towards the station area and finished off today at the platform edges. Hopefully I will have completed the whole of the basic greenery by Sunday and I'll post a few then, from both ends of the station. TDR
alright sound:tumbsup: I nearly forgot what do you use for grass?

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to look into this thread and made comments on the progress thus far. It gives great encouragement, thank you all. :trains: By Sunday I hope to have the scenery, stage "one" completed on this section on the layout. The track will then have a good cleaning and I can enjoy running sessions whilst mapping out the finer details before starting on the fiddle yard/cement, oil and molasses depots. Hopefully I'll post some more pictures on Sunday. Thanks again TDR

Looks fantastic TDR! Love the look of the viaduct with the town behind it and the view from the platforms with the signal cabin, water tank and turntable. Both look very realistic. Are the logs on the timber train real wood?

Josefstadt, thank you, I'm pleased with the way its turning out so far. Yes the logs are real. Cut from twigs that fell last autumn and gathered in the local park, dried out and cut to size then glued on.

Edited by The Derry Road

Mr Raaymooond,

Who has been a busy Boy?

Looking fantastic, well done on all your efforts. Upsetting the homeostasis was an expression we used in a certain well known computer manufacturer, and supplier of serviced I one worked for. You, have just done this to me Sir. Recently extended my home railway, just spent the last four days on Scenery Works. Your railway is, yet again, superior to mine, my homeostasis is upset so, very, very upset as I'm going to have to scrap everything and start, all over again. It 's all your fault I got into this infernal hobby anyway. For those that don't know, Ray and I met many years ago at one of the NDMRS, Bangor Show. I assisted him and a young Stephen to run their Exhibition railway. Well that was it, I was infected by the Modellers Railway Virus (MRV). Sadly there is no known cure for this condition. You have to live with it, and take the drugs that keep it controlled. Unfortunately the virus control is - visit Model Railway Emporia on a regular basis so that you addiction is kept under control.

Super results Ray.

Regards,

Old Blarney.

Edited by Old Blarney

Great work and super scenic craftsmanship. It is inspiring.

Which method are you planning to use for track ballasting?

Noel, i plan to do the ballasting next then detail the scenics. I'm experimenting with two types currently, quarry dust sieved to medium size and woodland scenics medium grey mix, I'm also going to try mixing both as a third option. Still not sure which will turn out to be the choice, but it will be a few weeks yet before starting, I promised myself a good running session over the next couple of days before proceeding with the next task. TDR

Mr Raaymooond,

Who has been a busy Boy?

Looking fantastic, well done on all your efforts. Upsetting the homeostasis was an expression we used in a certain well known computer manufacturer, and supplier of serviced I one worked for. You, have just done this to me Sir. Recently extended my home railway, just spent the last four days on Scenery Works. Your railway is, yet again, superior to mine, my homeostasis is upset so, very, very upset as I'm going to have to scrap everything and start, all over again. It 's all your fault I got into this infernal hobby anyway. For those that don't know, Ray and I met many years ago at one of the NDMRS, Bangor Show. I assisted him and a young Stephen to run their Exhibition railway. Well that was it, I was infected by the Modellers Railway Virus (MRV). Sadly there is no known cure for this condition. You have to live with it, and take the drugs that keep it controlled. Unfortunately the virus control is - visit Model Railway Emporia on a regular basis so that you addiction is kept under control.

Super results Ray.

Regards,

Old Blarney.

David you have to take the prescribed medications as directed. A quick seditive can be found by a Brief visit to a model shop. TDR

Noel, i plan to do the ballasting next then detail the scenics. I'm experimenting with two types currently, quarry dust sieved to medium size and woodland scenics medium grey mix, I'm also going to try mixing both as a third option. Still not sure which will turn out to be the choice, but it will be a few weeks yet before starting, I promised myself a good running session over the next couple of days before proceeding with the next task. TDR

When I tried quarry dust , it's looked brilliant , when loose and dry , ie before I applied pva glue . After I used pva to glue it down , it went almost coal black and looked wrong.