Sulzers

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

• 2 weeks later...
Some more pics of my B114. I've chipped it and now just need to add the additional bogie detail. They really are top notch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457[/ATTACH]

fran, shes a beauty!. if you are comming down to brendan will you bring her along so i can drool over her?

Guest hidden-agenda
Fair play to Garreth its amazing what can be achieved with some plasticard and determination.

ideal for pottering around the North Wall any chance of a second run :rolleyes:?

John

Many thanks for the kind comments, i am building one for my self and that will be the last one for the foreseeable future as i want to build other stuff but who knows never say never.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Some more pics of my B114. I've chipped it and now just need to add the additional bogie detail. They really are top notch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457[/ATTACH]

Who built these stunning models? They look as good as high quality injection moulded plastic models, but I understand they were plasticard? Apologies for posting to old thread but only just spotted these. The finesse of the grills are amazing.

Who built these stunning models? They look as good as high quality injection moulded plastic models' date=' but I understand they were plasticard? Apologies for posting to old thread but only just spotted these. The finesse of the grills are amazing.[/quote']

I got it off wrenneire. The builder was Gareth Brennan. You may find him on Facebook.

• 1 year later...
I believe the Sulzers built by Gareth are the finest scratch built locomotive I have ever seen. These brass and plasticard models are superb and very regrettable I don't have one.

Pity I didn't know you back then Kieran, I could've sold you mine. It was a decent effort with a couple of sticky points. I do have a great love for the prototype and I keep trying to persuade the other IRM all-stars that it should be the first IRM loco project. Don't think they share the same enthusiasm though!

Pity I didn't know you back then Kieran, I could've sold you mine. It was a decent effort with a couple of sticky points. I do have a great love for the prototype and I keep trying to persuade the other IRM all-stars that it should be the first IRM loco project. Don't think they share the same enthusiasm though!

Speak for yourself, Fran... I've a serious soft spot for the prototypes. Have to keep feet firmly in the ground, though (and prevent Richie from having a conniption)!

. . . I keep trying to persuade the other IRM all-stars that it should be the first IRM loco project. Don't think they share the same enthusiasm though!

Thank God :) the entire modelling community has long been waiting for a top quality RTR model of the popular A class :) The gaping hole on the superb MM product line.

The "Dalek" is a very nice looking model though. :)