Russian Railways in miniture

Rate this topic

Hi BosKonay

I just sent an email to John Hamil- 'Friends of the Fry Model Railway', I will post as soon as he returns

murrayec

I believe he's also on the MRSI's committee, so maybe one of their members can get in touch with him, too. I fear there'll be no further info to report at this time, though.

Since when is the fry model railway turned Russian?where the keep on topic rules now??

Boskonay acknowedged his question was veering off-topic, although, as a minuature railway, it's not a million miles away, and as other posters are looking into getting an answer to his question, it's now resolved and the discussion can move back to the video posted by Dave182.

Since you brought up the subject of rules, though...

[13] If you note an issue that contravenes this policy document, please use the 'report post' facility located towards the bottom left of each post. This will bring the issue to the attention of the moderators, who will review it and take action if necessary. Please avoid posting on the topic in an attempt tackle the issue yourself. 'Back-seat' moderating is unacceptable.

The mods are always available and willing to deal with any issues you may have via PM.

Edited by Garfield

Hi dave182

The Russian layout is amazing, a mammoth and incredible task. I felt sorry for the lovely girl sticking that field of flowers together- one by one! Well done on sharing...

My apologies on contributing to the slight veer on topic, but I think the video sparked my want to see a layout like this at home and caused my original post.

murrayec

• 2 years later...
Boskonay acknowedged his question was veering off-topic, although, as a minuature railway, it's not a million miles away, and as other posters are looking into getting an answer to his question, it's now resolved and the discussion can move back to the video posted by Dave182.

Since you brought up the subject of rules, though...

The mods are always available and willing to deal with any issues you may have via PM.

:facepalm:

For models of Soviet era / Russian era passenger stock one can also try http://www.eurotrain.ru. Unfortunately their website is only in Russian but if you scroll down the first page of the site to the button below the Steiff bear that says 'Смотреть все модели' and click it you will get to the rolling stock section.

Google Translate may be of use here: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurotrain.ru%2F&edit-text=&act=url

It can get muddled at times, though...