Some Website Statistics!

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I thought I would (having actually looked at them) share some statistics and numbers around the site!

For the Year to date of 2013, we've had:

234,000 Unique Visitors to the site, who visited

520,019 times, viewing

9,251,687 Pages on the site (an average of 17.79 pages per visit).

Unique visitors per month has grown from 15,380 in January this year, to around 30,000 per month now, and continues to grow!

In terms of site members:

446 Members are registered on the site, of whom

186 logged in, in the last 30 days.

The greatest recorded number of users at once was 258 at the same time, and Steve34 is our newest member!

Since the site went online a year ago, we've had at least one new member a day, with the greatest single day for new members adding 45 members!

Between us, we've posted 35,492 posts on 2,300 topics in the last year, and created 37 blog posts!

37 members have more than 100 pm's in their Inboxes, with 3 having more than 450!

There are 8,104 files and images stored in the community, the largest file stored on the site is http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4522&d=1355835797 - The CAF Mk4 drawings at 3.58MB and the most downloaded file is http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3484&d=1352452518 from heirflick (at 24,161 downloads!)

I hope that gives a small flavour of the thriving and growing community Irish Railway Modeller is! It's only made possible by the selfless contributions and sharing of all the members. If you are modelling, or building a layout, or planning one, do please post - contribution and discussion literally keep the site online :)

The moral of the story is get posting and tell your friends :)

Huge thanks to Glenderg and Dave (BaseboardDave) of this parish who passed out flyers to the unsuspecting public at the weekend promoting the site :)

I'm working on some freebie ideas too - watch this space. :)

No Worreis Bosko, only happy to help, this is a fantastic site with a huge wealth of collective knowledge and information. Long live IRM!

I'm thinking of doing another free give away this year, but it will be just on IRM.

That is very positive news Stephen. Well done to Richie and Dave for their efforts. Well done also to Stephen, Fran, and Pat for the great work they do behind the scenes to keep the group moving forward as it is. As Mr Spingsteen said, from small thing's mama one day big things come.

Rich,

Wow. Those are powerful and impressive statistics. And 30% active in the last rolling month is a very healthy sign. Well done to the lads on distributing flyers. Using analogue to promote the digital.

And well done to Boskonay for setting up this forum on an independant server, no Yuku, no MSN, no fear of migration, no intrusive ads and guaranteed local.

Sweet!

Stephen deserves a huge vote of thanks for setting up the site as Westy says. Thanks in no small way is due to all those dedicated people who help run the site and also to all those who share their extensive knowledge with the rest of us. And finally thanks is due to all those who1!!! post on the site, be it serious or banter. Collectively you have made it a fantastic site to be a member of.

Thanks to one and all!

Well done indeed to all concerned!! Without getting on to too much detail, I'm assuming there are some costs associated with running the site? Is there an element of philanthropy from the founding members? Again, however the magic of d'internet works, I thoroughly enjoy the site, it's content, and the interaction! Great to see the stats too.

Well done indeed to all concerned!! Without getting on to too much detail, I'm assuming there are some costs associated with running the site? Is there an element of philanthropy from the founding members? Again, however the magic of d'internet works, I thoroughly enjoy the site, it's content, and the interaction! Great to see the stats too.

Our Glorious Leader, Boskonay, hosts the site, and absorbs all the costs, which i believe to be 2000+ Eu per year, which is probably the single most philanthropic contribution to the irish modelling scene since time immemorial, for which we all should be extremely grateful for.I certainly am.

As a long term hope, i'd would love some of the silent majority to post more, no matter if you glued it together a silicone gun, painted it with a distemper brush, or screwed the layout together with a hammer.

Richie

Our Glorious Leader, Boskonay, hosts the site, and absorbs all the costs, which i believe to be 2000+ Eu per year, which is probably the single most philanthropic contribution to the irish modelling scene since time immemorial, for which we all should be extremely grateful for.I certainly am.

As a long term hope, i'd would love some of the silent majority to post more, no matter if you glued it together a silicone gun, painted it with a distemper brush, or screwed the layout together with a hammer.

Richie

Agree 100% Richie, any participation whether it's modelling, info current or historical, photos, it all adds to the group. If people are on the periphery and think a question may sound silly, don't worry about it, ask away. I remember Dave (Wrenneire) doing a similar thing a while back to tempt more people to post, and that also deserves mention

As for what Stephen does, he does it for the love of the hobby and nothing else, which makes it all the more unique. It is definitely a great contribution full stop.

Rich,

Thanks for the feedback and comments lads. As Rich says, I run the site and give what time I have to give it for the joy of the hobby and the pleasure of the learning and banter on here :) Ably assisted by those more 'senior' members and hard working moderators to keep things ticking along in the right direction and spread the good word!

In between I try to find time to run a few businesses and build Amiens Street, in between three kids :)

On the contributions, that's the big one - there are no questions too silly, no plans to crazy and no work too basic or 'beginnery' (is that a word!?)

The community as a whole can only grow and benefit from the contributions of all its members and that, in truth, is the sole purpose of this little corner of the internet :)

The community as a whole can only grow and benefit from the contributions of all its members and that, in truth, is the sole purpose of this little corner of the internet :)

This little corner of the Internet is the most appreciated and best corner. Long may it reign.

Richie

You've obviously seen my early work by the sound of that! =))

Nice statistics and good to see that the site is healthy and growing.

Three :cheers: to Boskonay too for paying to run the site from his own pocket.

There's not many people who will do that for their hobby.

Well done sir! :-bd

I thought I would (having actually looked at them) share some statistics and numbers around the site!

[There are 8,104 files and images stored in the community, the largest file stored on the site is the most downloaded file is http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3484&d=1352452518 from heirflick (at 24,161 downloads!)

i am privaliged to be mentioned here....anything i can do to help the site will be done! this site is the best thing to happen since the invention of the wheel!!! all credit to the MODS and the BOS.K!:tumbsup:

• 1 year later...

An update:

For 2013, we had:

234,000 Unique Visitors to the site, who visited

520,019 times, viewing

9,251,687 Pages on the site (an average of 17.79 pages per visit)

For 2014, the same numbers are:

414,018 Unique visitors, who visited

1,007,576 times, viewing

29,282,198 Pages on the site (about 29 per visit)

Unique visitors per month has grown from 15,380 in January 2013 to 70,540 last month and a current daily average of 3,403 visits reading 28,376 pages of content!

In terms of site members:

592 Members are registered on the site, of whom

191 logged in, in the last 30 days.

The greatest recorded number of users at once was 258 in 2013, for 2014 (so far) is 1,463 at the same time

Between us, we posted 35,492 posts on 2,300 topics and created 37 blog posts in 2013

For 2014, that number has risen to 56,800 posts on 3,526 topics and 74 blog posts.

There are now 13,564 attachments and images stored on the site with attachment.php?attachmentid=3484&d=1352452518

From Heirflick topping the bill at 95,305 downloads this year!!

That's very impressive growth. Especially in an era where many special interest group boards have had reductions in traffic due to Facebook and Twitter encroaching on folks 'internet' time.

BTW, purely as a matter of interest who set up and owns this wonderful forum? Hats off.

That's very impressive growth. Especially in an era where many special interest group boards have had reductions in traffic due to Facebook and Twitter encroaching on folks 'internet' time.

BTW, purely as a matter of interest who set up and owns this wonderful forum? Hats off.

The man who posted the stats. We all owe him a lot of thanks for facilitating the site and saving it in its hour of need.