New rtr De Dietrich coaches

Rate this topic

Killucan2

Don't know prices just yet but i will keep u all posted as that will differ (dvt,diner so on)these are not Hornby mk4s as some people might think but a hole new coach with the right body profile and made from brass for better detail,the one's going to Bangor hopefully are demo models.

Anyone looking for info can pm me as Dave is busy with family commitments.

Mark.

Looking forward to these, can see them being very popular.

Especially with the current 8208 model and 230 when it is released. I must say that I am looking forward to the release of 230 as I think the original Enterprise livery really suited the 201's.

Rich,

Especially with the current 8208 model and 230 when it is released. I must say that I am looking forward to the release of 230 as I think the original Enterprise livery really suited the 201's.

Rich,

Have to say I'd agree with you, though I'd say my favourite livery is either the original ie orange or 208's enterprise livery. I don't like the intercity livery, just looks like they spent about two seconds fitting it with the mk4s.

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Mark for posting this topic. I'm up to my eyes at the moment! I've had to make a few unexpected mods to the CAD for the etchings so I wont be able to make the Bangor show with a pre prod model. I have assembled and primed a buffet car to give you an idea of what to expect.

Enjoy!

DD4.jpg

DD3.jpg

DD2.jpg

DD1.jpg

DD5.jpg

DD4.jpg

DD3.jpg

DD2.jpg

DD1.jpg

DD5.jpg

Thanks guys,

I haven't finalised prices yet but I'll have them shortly. I need to set up my jigs and time how long it takes to make a rake. All I can say it that they will cost less per vehicle than my 2600s.

BTW, that open door is just glued in the open position to show that the doors are removable for ease of painting for when the kit version comes out.

Cheers Rich and Noel.

@201bhoy, neither me nor the DDs will be there unfortunately. There is a tiny chance I might make a surprise appearance on one of the days but extremely unlikely.

Just hang on a little longer guys, I still have a backlog of railcars to clear off so I'm doing the DD development in my second set of spare time. I also have test etches for the DVT and the standard but they have to be modified slightly before I assemble them.

FYI, the coaches will be coupled to each other by a purpose built draw bar that is completely concealed within the lower gangway. The loco end of the set will have a kadee coupling so it will be necessary to fit same to one end of your 201. I can do that for you if you need me to.

Edited by David

Glazing in going to be tinted glass(acetate) as per the prototype. This more or less negates the need for interior detail. Depending on interest I make look into doing an interior as an optional extra but it would be hard to see on the model unless it was fitted with interior lighting(which depending on interest may be offered as an option.

Cheers Rich and Noel.

FYI, the coaches will be coupled to each other by a purpose built draw bar that is completely concealed within the lower gangway. The loco end of the set will have a kadee coupling so it will be necessary to fit same to one end of your 201. I can do that for you in you need me to.

Thats great about the kadee coupler David,just like the real thing-Would it be possible for you to make the coaches a little heavier than your normal coach?

My reason for asking is that I have found that when any of my Mk4 coaches were being pushed around my layout by 201s,the coach behind the loco used to derail a lot particularly on curves,After experimenting with different coaches behind the loco I eventually found that by adding some weight to the coach actually helped to keep it on the rails-and no more derailments.

Thats great about the kadee coupler David,just like the real thing-Would it be possible for you to make the coaches a little heavier than your normal coach?

My reason for asking is that I have found that when any of my Mk4 coaches were being pushed around my layout by 201s,the coach behind the loco used to derail a lot particularly on curves,After experimenting with different coaches behind the loco I eventually found that by adding some weight to the coach actually helped to keep it on the rails-and no more derailments.

TTC,

One thing about the Hornby mk4s they are to light and the axels are s---t,but with the different coupling it should be ok.

Mark

Had a quick look at that other sham of a site I see Pinocchio is looking here and posting up pics of the coaches under one of his so called user names as usual,trying to keep it going but i can't see it lasting long!

He has plenty of personalities to keep him company over there for a while! :D

Absolutely superb work David, you can be proud of the way they're shaping up. I think I'll have to stretch the funds for some of these.

Marks point is correct. The coupling seems to have a lot to do with it as well. One of the first considerations when designing a push pull train was to make sure they would have the best possible reliability when being pushed at speed, especially when you consider that almost every layout has at least 1 sharp curve somewhere on it! The draw bar couplings mean there is minimal chance of a derailment when pushing.

Noel, when I do a set for you just ask me to add some weight. I can do that for you no problem.

Anto, I meant to PM you about that. Apart from the fact that Mark couldn't head up, I discovered some changes needed to be made to the CAD when I assembled the buffet so I didn't go ahead and assemble the rest of the coaches. I'll have to fix the problem on the CAD for the next lot and make changes by hand to the ones I have already.

The kit is most likely to be pre-formed. It's a pain in the arse to bend and even harder to get it to bend in all the right places and we can't have people pulling their hair out!