Sign in to follow this  
gph2000

Preserved engine North Galway

Question

Recently my brother in law spotted a preserved engine near Claregalway when headed back east.

I had heard of it before but for the life of me I cant recall the details. Anyone know?

Ger

16 answers to this question

He called it steam, but it could just as easily have been a single cab diesel! Is there anything hanging around Tuam since the Westrail days?

What is the E class I always see at junction 16 (I think) on the M6? Is that Dunsandle?

He called it steam, but it could just as easily have been a single cab diesel! Is there anything hanging around Tuam since the Westrail days?

No, unless the steam crane is still there?

90 is up north, the E is at Dunsandle and the tuam sugar factory shunter would have been scrapped after local morons burnt the shed it was in down.

Edited by minister_for_hardship

What is the E class I always see at junction 16 (I think) on the M6? Is that Dunsandle?

the E class is in some sad state....

its a real shame to see her like that!:((

WRECK.jpg

WRECK.jpg

There's a Ruston sitting about in someone's front garden somewhere down the country, but for the life of me I can't remember where! Not the one at Upton... another one somewhere....

There's a Ruston sitting about in someone's front garden somewhere down the country, but for the life of me I can't remember where! Not the one at Upton... another one somewhere....

J , it was aughrim..one used to be there.