Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 073 repainted into IR white stripe livery

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    I find it odd that this loco was repainted in the more vibrant MK3 orange we all know and love. I've a sample of the earlier, slightly darker version, taken from the roof of a 121 who shall rename nameless (and it's not TAN!) and it's not RAL 2011.

Attachment 28325

Forgive the colour blocks on the left, they aren't an accurate "catch all" but if I were making these things in small, I'd have gone for the right colour

(cue JHB and a pint exploding somewhere)

Richie.

edit - I'm not knocking IE's valiant efforts, it's a stunning job well executed.
    Hi Richie. That's interesting but please forgive a little confusion on my part, you have the legend "Intercity IE Orange" pointing to both samples. Were both shades used on the later 'broken socket' logo IE locos? Or is UV and weathering the culprit. Noel

Much better effort than 071, that orange was completely wrong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    I liked the "set of points" logo too....
    It was a clever design, pity it had to be scrapped.
    Almost an Irish equivalent of the BR arrow logo, in that it could be recognised for what it was without any superfluous lettering.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post

(cue JHB and a pint exploding somewhere.
    I'm on my day off. It's Ballygowan water......
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Hi Richie. That's interesting but please forgive a little confusion on my part, you have the legend "Intercity IE Orange" pointing to both samples. Were both shades used on the later 'broken socket' logo IE locos? Or is UV and weathering the culprit. Noel
    There are two distinct layers on the sample to the left...

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com