Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenya's new railway - BBC

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    I found the same in rural Indonesia in 1980.... had to pay a policeman and an airport official to find my missing luggage, and had to bribe a ticket clerk to sell me a ticket for the overnight Surabaya - Jakarta train......

....and a shed foreman to let me into a steam shed which I had already a full pass for, signed by HIM and others! (It was worth the 17p bribe to see a 1879-built wood burning 2.4.0 tender engine shunting....)
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by broithe View Post
    In cyprus, i (stupidly) put my hand on the wing of a matt grey austin 1800 and managed to peel it off just before big damage was done, but it still blistered the whole palm and fingers. The blister popped at the the wrist and for a couple of days, i had the ability to inflate and deflate my hand at will, by blowing and sucking at the vent of the blister.Attachment 28163

Yes, Eoin. I was there for a while so you got used to that in the end. I remember it well. I also underestimated the sun one day while climbing and made the mistake of taking off my shirt while still carrying gear with a diagonal strap. I looked like the diver down flag within twenty minutes and not a drop of water in sight
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  5.8 KB
    Last edited by DiveController; 08-06-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"