Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Return of Model Irish Railways

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Sounds very promising and exciting. Due to the high cost and time to build current kits I'd love to one day see RTR versions of CIE H-Vans and Bulleid open beat wagons, both the most numerous wagons to ever run on Irish rails. And perhaps one day . . . no I won't mention the obvious dream! An A class loco
    All in good time Noel, all in good time. But there are big things coming down the tracks for Irish modellers. We don't want to announce too much until all the pieces are in place, but it will be well worth watching this space for very exciting times ahead!
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Sounds very promising and exciting. ...... I'd love to one day see RTR versions of CIE H-Vans and Bulleid open beat wagons, both the most numerous wagons to ever run on Irish rails. [/COLOR]
    ...apart from cattle wagons!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BosKonay View Post
    Well, in 2017, there will be RTR Ballast Wagons, Cement Bubbles and Tara Mines Wagons and one other surprise project.

In 2018, there will be at least 4 more.

Perhaps it took a few years to get up to speed, but the technology and the market is evolving fast and it's amazing what's now possible and the timeframes they are possible in!
    It took 2 years to bring out the Ballasts. Bubbles and Taras are nowhere to be seen half way through 2017. I'm not criticizing the rate of production at all. I just think your plans are unbelievably over optimistic. After 2018 you'll have to take a ten year break to shift all that stock you've accumulated. 141s were still in the shops 7 or 8 years after manufacture, you can still get a lot of the 201s and 071s too. These being the most popular Irish models anyone could produce short of an A class.

Anyhow this is another thread spiraling off topic so I'll say no more about RTR.

Delighted to see MIR back on the go. Plenty of room in the market for kits.
    D&M Models - BUILDERS OF HAND-BUILT IRISH MODEL TRAINS
    Price List: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...8193#post48193
    Our section on this website: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/foru...D-amp-M-Models

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It took 2 years to bring out the Ballasts. Bubbles and Taras are nowhere to be seen half way through 2017. I'm not criticizing the rate of production at all. I just think your plans are unbelievably over optimistic. After 2018 you'll have to take a ten year break to shift all that stock you've accumulated. 141s were still in the shops 7 or 8 years after manufacture, you can still get a lot of the 201s and 071s too. These being the most popular Irish models anyone could produce short of an A class.

Anyhow this is another thread spiraling off topic so I'll say no more about RTR.

Delighted to see MIR back on the go. Plenty of room in the market for kits.
    With all due respect David you are judging something that you have no understanding of what's going on behind the scenes. As I said, all will be revealed very soon.

I also think that it's only fair that we bring this back on topic of the MIR kits after Dave took it off course.
    Last edited by Warbonnet; 02-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    ...apart from cattle wagons!
    Do you happen to have a drawing for the standard CIE cattle wagon?

This is as drawingy as it gets.

Name:  Cattle Wagon.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  98.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    With all due respect David you are judging something that you have no understanding of what's going on behind the scenes. As I said, all will be revealed very soon.

I also think that it's only fair that we bring this back on topic of the MIR kits after Dave took it off course.
    With all due respect Fran, how do you know what I know or don't know? Have you discovered a way to clone customers? What will you do differently that all the model shops and Murphys Models haven't done to shift stock?

Also get it right. It was Noel to took the thread off topic. There are very few threads here that stay oh topic. You guys just use that phrase to end arguments you don't like.
    D&M Models - BUILDERS OF HAND-BUILT IRISH MODEL TRAINS
    Price List: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...8193#post48193
    Our section on this website: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/foru...D-amp-M-Models

With equal respect David, the thread was on topic until your post no.21, which additionally included poor language.

Let's keep this on MIR's return to activity, which is to be applauded and supported, lest the ban hammer is produced.

Thanks Glenderg for the drawing that is most interesting, I have come across one how to article in the old Model railway constructor on building chassis, but I am sure there is another one on how to build LMS style cattle wagons, its a good article just need to go back and read it again.

I know Leslie does a GNR style cattle wagon, but if MIR where to do the CIE version as well that has to be a good thing.

Colin

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    The CIE one is an absolute essential for ANY 1960-75 layout.... would be a great addition.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.