Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Return of Model Irish Railways

  1. #21
    I see another thread spiraling into the fantasy genre.

    I'm delighted to hear MIR are making a come back. I recently made some of their latest Tara Wagons and I have to say I was impressed. I wasn't a fan of the white metal bogies. Brass structure with cast sides would be better. But the resin castings were down right excellent. All they needed was a rub with a toothbrush to remove the flash and they were ready to assemble.

    Again this nonsense of adding the price of a pro model maker. These kits are not hard to make. I'm delighted to get commissions but I always encourage people to build for themselves. It's interesting how in the model aircraft market kits are king. People don't bat and eyelid at learning to build it themselves. End of the world for railway modellers.

    RTR everything ain't gonna happen no matter how hard you wish. Yes there might be a small catalyst effect with more things becoming available but I don't think so in the RTR market as everything is limited run. I think it would me more useful if someone produced large numbers of quality injection moulded kits with low prices.
    Last edited by Garfield; 01-06-2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Expletive removed
    D&M Models - BUILDERS OF HAND-BUILT IRISH MODEL TRAINS
    Contact: dmmodelmakers@gmail.com
    Price List: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...8193#post48193
    Our section on this website: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/foru...D-amp-M-Models

  2. #22
    This is the seller I refer to, can anyone confirm?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112427335157
    Nelson
    1̶5̶,̶1̶6̶,̶1̶7̶ 18 years old, and,
    Modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce Castle View Post
    This is the seller I refer to, can anyone confirm?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112427335157
    Pretty sure it is Nelson.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

    My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce Castle View Post
    This is the seller I refer to, can anyone confirm?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112427335157
    Yes, I can confirm. I have bought from him recently....

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    RTR everything ain't gonna happen no matter how hard you wish.
    You never know

  6. #26
    you know, I like building kits. Find it relaxing, so I don't think I'd like ALL RTR anywho

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You never know
    What you won the lottery and you haven't told us?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You never know
    Alternate universe? It seems to take years to produce each individual factory RTR wagon. Prove otherwise but if not then we all better hope we live 100 more years. Meanwhile, if someone actually wants to get on with modelling Irish, they will combine the excellent RTR models available with kits.
    D&M Models - BUILDERS OF HAND-BUILT IRISH MODEL TRAINS
    Contact: dmmodelmakers@gmail.com
    Price List: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...8193#post48193
    Our section on this website: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/foru...D-amp-M-Models

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Alternate universe? It seems to take years to produce each individual factory RTR wagon. Prove otherwise but if not then we all better hope we live 100 more years. Meanwhile, if someone actually wants to get on with modelling Irish, they will combine the excellent RTR models available with kits.
    Well, in 2017, there will be RTR Ballast Wagons, Cement Bubbles and Tara Mines Wagons and one other surprise project.

    In 2018, there will be at least 4 more.

    Perhaps it took a few years to get up to speed, but the technology and the market is evolving fast and it's amazing what's now possible and the timeframes they are possible in!
    Last edited by BosKonay; 02-06-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BosKonay View Post
    Well, in 2017, there will be RTR Ballast Wagons, Cement Bubbles and Tara Mines Wagons and one other surprise project.

    In 2018, there will be at least 4 more.

    Perhaps it took a few years to get up to speed, but the technology and the market is evolving fast and it's amazing what's now possible and the timeframes they are possible in!
    Sounds very promising and exciting. Due to the high cost and time to build current kits I'd love to one day see RTR versions of CIE H-Vans and Bulleid open beat wagons, both the most numerous wagons to ever run on Irish rails. And perhaps one day . . . no I won't mention the obvious dream! An A class loco

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Welcome to Irish Railway Modeller. The home of Railway Modelling and collecting in Ireland. We are a friendly, open community where you will find lots of support, advice and encouragement, as well as inspiration! Join us today!
Join us