Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New kits from Worsleyworks

Thanks Nelson, you beat me to my next question, I looked up the brass master tender kit and they do look the part, I just need to make sure they are the right width as I read somewhere that those sent over to Ireland from the UK where made wider to make use of the larger Irish loading gauge, but sadly at the moment I don't have any drawings to confirm or denia that statement.

I will check out the model from golden arrow as I know Chris from our narrow gauge world.

Colin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin R View Post
    Thanks Nelson, you beat me to my next question, I looked up the brass master tender kit and they do look the part, I just need to make sure they are the right width as I read somewhere that those sent over to Ireland from the UK where made wider to make use of the larger Irish loading gauge, but sadly at the moment I don't have any drawings to confirm or denia that statement.

I will check out the model from golden arrow as I know Chris from our narrow gauge world.

Colin
    Alan Edgar (RM Web De Seby) as built some excellent S4 models of NCC & GNR locos including a scratch built NCC Whippet and a Mogul built using a set of Worsley Works parts
    http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/ind...whippet/page-2

It looks like the BNCR tender underframe was wide enough for a standard LMS tender tank.
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

Just a quick up date from Worsley works, I have emailed Allen today over another matter and I got this reply which was encouraging.

He said that if we wanted a WT kit then he would need to have a minimum of 4 to 6 pre-orders to make it happen, this is to 1) fill the sheet to be etched and 2) to pay for the setting up costs.

As for castings I have been advised that the Alan Gibson Midland/LMS white metal locomotive components are a close match and I think Alan Gibson still do wheels as well.

As for a motor and gearbox I would contact Branchlines via their blog as they have a good range of motors and gear boxes, they also do a list of motors and gear boxes for you to chose your own if you so wish.

at:- http://branchlines.blogspot.co.uk/

their email address is:- sales@branchlines.com

Other odds and end could come from Eileens Emporium at:- https://eileensemporium.com/

Usual disclaimer I don't have any commercial ties with any of the above except as a customer.

Colin

Personally i'd go with a High Level gearbox and Mashima motor,better in as much with the High Level boxes the motor can be removed with the worm.Andy.

Don't go with Mashima, they have now officially closed down and the motors are becoming scarce, there are great throeads of disscusion about suitable alternatives.
    Nelson
    1̶5̶,̶1̶6̶,̶1̶7̶ 18 years old, and,
    Modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce Castle View Post
    Don't go with Mashima, they have now officially closed down and the motors are becoming scarce, there are great throeads of disscusion about suitable alternatives.
    I was recently in contact with Chris Gibbon of High Level for a suitable motor and gearbox for the 650 Class

Chis advised that at this stage Mashima motors are still available and are considering Canon Motors as an alternative.
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

Mashima motors still seem readily avaliable Branchlines had them at the Chatham show,Comet/Wizard and Scalelink are all still stocking them good time to stock up Andy.

Hi Andy I agree, I don't think they are going to disappear that quickly, but it would be a good idea to buy some in for stock so you know you have them.

Colin

My heart and soul is in County Clare, but my body is elsewhere :-(
    I booked a "WT" kit with Worsley Works ages ago, so should remind Mr Doherty that my order still stands. 21mm gauge only for me.

Drivetrain: I have just received a spare Märklin bevel-and-spur gearbox driven by a Faulhaber coreless motor (about £31 from Germany), so perhaps this might be adapted in some way.

Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Horsetan; 07-07-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Add photos

My heart and soul is in County Clare, but my body is elsewhere :-(
    Just after finding my e-mail correspondence with Mr Doherty. It was back in 2012 that he told me the WT / Jeep was "nearly ready for etching".

Something must have gone wrong since then....