Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IRM Ballast Wagons

How's all? As someone who's had a lifetime's worth of looking at ballast wagons, both real and small, I thought I'd try and get them to look closer to the real thing.

Basic technique was a wash with goauche, deep brown and some Paynes Grey. As soon as is this is dry, most is taken off again just staying around joints and places where grime collects. Then some weathering using the AK Interactive range of weathering pigments. No airbrushing used, they never accumulated the level of track dirt that bubbles or any other stock received.

Richie.

Name:  DSCF1716.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  264.3 KB

Name:  DSCF1717.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  164.1 KB

Name:  DSCF1718.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  295.6 KB

Name:  DSCF1719.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  302.1 KB

Name:  DSCF1720.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  283.0 KB

Name:  DSCF1721.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  258.7 KB

Name:  DSCF1723.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  585.4 KB

Name:  DSCF1725.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  253.0 KB

Name:  DSCF1726.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  266.5 KB

Name:  DSCF1728.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  264.5 KB

Name:  DSCF1737.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  237.7 KB

Name:  DSCF1743.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  247.8 KB
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

.....Feck it - I've just wet myself!!!!

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    That's got to be the single most realistic weathering effort that I've ever seen.

And - as we know here - there is SERIOUS and plentiful competition for that title!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Very, very sharp intake of breath here in SSM headquarters. That last photo is totally Fly. Well done sir, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    That's got to be the single most realistic weathering effort that I've ever seen.

And - as we know here - there is SERIOUS and plentiful competition for that title!
    +1 Simply stunning

Sublime. No other words for it.

Very nice
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

I'm not sure a wagon has ever been described as beautiful before but that's the word I'm going to use here. Just superb weathering produced there and by the sounds of it by using a very simple technique. Bravo.

Paul

Wow, Given my humble efforts at painting . This is light years away for me