Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Writing my University Thesis - can you spare a few minutes to help me!

Done the survey. Hang 'em high.

Completed
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Survey done, hang them high.

Thank you to all who completed and shared. Ive had 199 responses so far which is great! Now to get stuck in and write 10,000 (meaningful) words on the topic..........

Big issue for me in that they're so readily available, so the attacks can be coming from anyone, such as young children, some of who clearly have no idea how dangerous what they're doing is! Need to be banned outright and more awareness needs to be raised around schools on the potentially fatal consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by 201bhoy View Post
    Big issue for me in that they're so readily available, so the attacks can be coming from anyone, such as young children, some of who clearly have no idea how dangerous what they're doing is! Need to be banned outright and more awareness needs to be raised around schools on the potentially fatal consequences.
    They don't need to be banned. They need to be restricted to people who have a use for them. It's easy enough to restrict their sale to adults and adults should be smart enough to keep them to themselves.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

If people were smart enough, there wouldn't be an issue.

Oddly, they seem to be rarely used against road vehicles, where drivers are at a much shorter range and with a lot less leeway for immediate error.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

They are very much 90s and early 00s presentation aids, now obsolete. They may still have limited application for architects, engineers, etc.

Mighty handy on site pointing out things out of reach to Clients and Builders....
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    Mighty handy on site pointing out things out of reach to Clients and Builders....
    Yes that's the main purpose I have seen them used for in recent years. Mind you, if ya had taller clients and stopped working with shortie builders they might be able to reach!