Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: NIR GMs in 2017

  1. #1

    NIR GMs in 2017

    With most of Irish Rails 071 Class overhauled and the wrong side of 40 years old, I was just wondering about the status of NIR's 3 members of the class (111,112,113).

    Are they in good condition and are they seeing much use these days?

    What is the bodywork and paint like, for example?

  2. #2
    Senior Member tonybonneyba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    That depends, as I'm usually out & about :)
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by dave182 View Post
    With most of Irish Rails 071 Class overhauled and the wrong side of 40 years old, I was just wondering about the status of NIR's 3 members of the class (111,112,113).

    Are they in good condition and are they seeing much use these days?

    What is the bodywork and paint like, for example?
    I belive they are in a good condition, as the went through a over haul not too long ago. They currently see a lot of PWD work and the odd RPSI rescue mission. If I remember tomorrow, i'll post some detailed photos of em' from my last depot tour in YRD in 2016.
    "I hope your not nuts as me, as I'm pretty nuts!!"

    Tony.

  3. #3
    I seen two on Monday sitting at York Road Depot side by side.
    They do seem to get used on a regular basis.

  4. #4
    I see them most days on way home from work .If only I could stop on the motorway for some pics. They are in good nick. I would say about a month or two ago they were either repainted or cleaned very thoroughly.

  5. #5
    I know, i have been tempted to stop myself.

  6. #6
    I see them all regularly from the train and they are on the move quite a lot. 8111 and 8113 look well but 112 needs some attention to the paintwork.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jhb171achill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Posts
    5,510
    I'm curious as to why NIR still use the old NIR logo on them, as the "translink" brand has been on the go now for twenty years!

    I would have thought that they might have tried to incorporate them into their "corporate image" by painting them the current shade of darker blue, as on railcars for many years now, with the oval "Translink" thing!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

    Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

  8. #8
    Senior Member DiveController's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,246
    Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    I'm curious as to why NIR still use the old NIR logo on them, as the "translink" brand has been on the go now for twenty years!

    I would have thought that they might have tried to incorporate them into their "corporate image" by painting them the current shade of darker blue, as on railcars for many years now, with the oval "Translink" thing!
    Shush! .....(please, no)
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

  9. #9
    I passed York Rd yard via the M2 yesterday all 3 GM loco's sitting in
    a line, it would make a nice photo.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    I passed York Rd yard via the M2 yesterday all 3 GM loco's sitting in
    a line, it would make a nice photo.
    Passed them as well but even better two of them were wired together for multi working, Super power!!!��

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Welcome to Irish Railway Modeller. The home of Railway Modelling and collecting in Ireland. We are a friendly, open community where you will find lots of support, advice and encouragement, as well as inspiration! Join us today!
Join us