Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kingsbridge - paint shop

Noel, it may be me that's got things wrong, but I'm referring to the BODY the one on Page 6 that's now got a new coat on here on Page 9, #90, it's looks like an A or C class !!!
    Paul

Noel, Eoin "super boffin" of DART fame makes some excellent bogie sideframes for the C-class that have real "meat" to them, and I'd recommend getting some, if he has any to spare. The GM sideframes just look totally wrong, and they're easy the remove. When you think of it, the only real detail on the C class is below the skirt, battery boxes, bogies etc. so if you can up the spec there, you'll have a tasty model.*

*aside from the fact that the front looks like it got a belt of a shovel, and the windows are at the wrong height and size.
    Last edited by Glenderg; 1 Day Ago at 02:39 AM.
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    Noel, Eoin "super boffin" of DART fame makes some excellent bogie sideframes for the C-class that have real "meat" to them, and I'd recommend getting some, if he has any to spare. The GM sideframes just look totally wrong, and they're easy the remove. When you think of it, the only real detail on the C class is below the skirt, battery boxes, bogies etc. so if you can up the spec there, you'll have a tasty model.*
    Hi Richie. Interesting idea and I'll look into it. I will see if I can fabricate rigid enough replacement bogie frames in plasticard that Eoin's or even SF's sides could be glued onto (i.e. Eoin's may be a different length to suit the tenshodo spud drive he uses). Cutting the GM sides off the existing bogie frame destroys its integrity which is part of the sealing mechanism for the bogie gears, and the NEM pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    *aside from the fact that the front looks like it got a belt of a shovel, and the windows are at the wrong height and size.
    I know, I know, but sure it'll have to do for now, but almost certain not for too much longer Well Richie I'm really looking forward to seeing the CAD drawings of the IRM A class RTR model when it is announced, and even more looking forward to buying a few IRM A classes when released in 201?. Then 'shovels' will be banished forever from Irish model railway layouts, except for PW track side crews and fire plate crews on Woolich N class. No doubt the IRM model will have working lights, fans, windscreen wipers, opening doors, sound, transparent grill mesh, cab drivers with blinking eyes, and glazing quality yet to be seen on a model loco. We will then be able to nickname SF metrovicks 'Shovel Face', but in the mean time I like them and they continue to pass the 'duck test'. I have absolutely no doubt you can save us all from shovel faces, and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by burnthebox View Post
    Noel, it may be me that's got things wrong, but I'm referring to the BODY the one on Page 6 that's now got a new coat on here on Page 9, #90, it's looks like an A or C class !!!
    Paul
    Hi Paul, ah - that's an RTR SF A class I bought two years ago. Its a hideous runner on a Hornby 'rail road' spec chassis. The one on this thread is a resin kit SF C class. I'm hoping it will be a better low speed runner and have scale acceleration/deceleration characteristics without juddering. C classes did a lot of shunting in goods yards. Noel
    Last edited by Noel; 14 Hours Ago at 12:42 PM.