Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Kingsbridge - paint shop

Both models look super,i like your paintwork and the video of
    the 121 sounds great.

Blog Entries
    Great to see you taking the initiative to build these locos rather than waiting for a rtr model to arrive. As you modelled B233 its only fitting that you fit it with a Maybach Sound unit same as used in the Western Region Warships and some DB 200 Class locos

John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. C class ready for finishing in next few days. Due matt varnish today and perhaps some more weathering before adding details and finally chassis runs. Waiting for a sound chip.

Great work Noel.. bit of a random idea and maybe to late.. but could you put the 121 on the MM 141 chassis and then use the athern under the C with new bogie sides.. would save a lot of work methinks!

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    That's a mighty job! Front numbers a bit big as you said, but overall looks great.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MOGUL View Post
    Great work Noel.. bit of a random idea and maybe to late.. but could you put the 121 on the MM 141 chassis and then use the athern under the C with new bogie sides.. would save a lot of work methinks!
    Hi Mogul, thanks yes that was the original plan, but the MM 141 chassis is just too long for the 121 and won't fit in the body shell without a savage cut'n'shut through the middle, in addition to laterally cutting the metal chassis block to narrow it where the 121 body narrows at the cab joint. By contrast the Athearn SW1500 was a perfect fit by length and width once I cut away the two metal lugs at each end of the chassis. When I get around to adding the correct 121 bogie sides it should look better with wider bogies (i.e. less HO looking).

For the C class ironically the MM 141 chassis was a near perfect 'drop in' by length and width once I cut away 4mm metal from each end. I plan to change the bogie sides now that I've figured out how to retain the Bachmann bogie frames which act as gear box seals and host the NEM pockets.

Replacement bogie sides in preparation for both the C class and the 121. Fuel tanks also in 'plasticard' shop.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    That's a mighty job! Front numbers a bit big as you said, but overall looks great.
    Cheers Jonathan, the 121 is progressing slowly with chassis trails today. She's now ready for detailing and glazing, but I will probably 'play' trains for a bit before fitting the all the metal grab rails, etc. I'll pop a video on the layout thread later. The very early B&T 121s didn't have full length walkway rails like the original delivery models, rather just each side of the steps at the bonnet end. I'm debating weather to paint them original weathered tan, or black as per later B&T variants.