Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

unlined = dirty
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

UTA UG Class 0-6-0 No. 49 (Ex GN No. 149) at Omagh 1963. The ‘Up Platform’ on the right was the longest 
on the whole GNR system so carriages were parked in a siding as the curve of the platform was too sharp 
to allow safe boarding.

Name:  GNR015.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  90.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Glenderg View Post
    unlined = dirty
    Or dirty = can't see the lining.

So I managed to repair the drawbar of my OO Works UG, following advice from Roderick. She runs very well - was able to bring her to Colm Flanagan's layout this morning and Colm put her through her paces and she impressed his expert eye although the 'straw' lining was apparent to him immediately!

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Yes, pity about the lining but looks a superb model otherwise. Glad its injuries are better!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blarney View Post
    Troops,

Roderick of OO Works and I had a telephone conversation to discussed the lining colour he has used on his UG. However, having asked the question - Which colours have you used for the lining on this Locomotive? I was informed the white is not white, but a light shade of straw.
    I have not yet received my model from him, so I am unable to comment,on the colours of the Locomotive and his interpretation of straw!

Old Blarney.
    Having received my OO Works model of the Great Northern Railway of Ireland - (UG) in UTA Livery, I have to say the lining on my locomotive is more of a cream colour with a very slight tint of yellow in it. I looked at the colour in good natural light and against a white background. When viewed in artificial light the colour changes to a slightly deeper shade of straw yellow.
    Last edited by Garfield; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:05 PM. Reason: Yellow text was difficult to read.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    I suppose the final arbiter is what's on the RPSIs "Jeep" No. 4, which is correct.

Technically, "straw" is a very pale yellow brown; beige even. Cream or whitish cream is way too light.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by leslie10646 View Post
    Richard - a couple of us at least asked for one in plain black - in effect the GN livery, but my first one will be Good 'ol No.49 in UTA lined black, which as Patrick says, looks good. Like him, I hate to admit that ANYTHING the UTA did was good!

As for you guys who didn't order, as Stevie says, they're sold out -

BUT, I know from talking to Roderick himself the other day, he would do another batch if he gets about ten orders, so hopefully when you steam men get reports on the loco you'll get your name down.

The UG was arguably a more useful loco than the U itself - just about capable of mile a minute on a passenger, but good for a decent length goods train - I've just brought a few dozen of my wagons out of store to see how many it can move!!!

Reports next week, but by the sound of it, the first photos will be from Patrick!
    PM sent, Leslie. I would definitely be interested in one. Can't believe I missed it! I suppose my appreciation of the GNR has also grown over the last few years hence the new interest in the UG
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Quote Originally Posted by leslie10646 View Post
    I will have my UG pulling my stock!

See you guys at the Bangor Show.

Just about to drive up from Dublin after a fruitful day in The Archives and eyeing up my next project which was in the yard at Heuston!

Leslie
    A chance for interested parties to see the the OOworks UG in the flesh!
    Last edited by DiveController; 6 Days Ago at 07:17 PM.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Quote Originally Posted by DiveController View Post
    A chance for interested parties to the the OOworks UG in the flesh!
    I obviously didn't make myself clear. I WILL have mine on display.

If someone has a convenient DC 00 layout, we can give it a run.

Leslie