Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to a Steam Shed near you - the Class UG is in the Post!

My postman was busy this morning, bringing me not one but three parcels.

See another thread re the contents of the second and third parcels, but this was the first I opened -

Name:  DSC01629.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  40.7 KB

which was reverently taken upstairs, the layout switched to DC operation with my trusty Gaugemaster -

Name:  DSC01631.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  55.9 KB

And later posing with her big Sister -

Name:  DSC01639.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  DSC01640.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  106.0 KB

The well-educated among you will spot the glaring error on the loco, but it doesn't concern me too much.

Needless to say, she ran straight out of the box and ran faultlessly at slow speed round my loft, traversing about half a dozen points without faltering - so this loco may not need a Stay-Alive?

Then, being a hard task-master, I hung a dozen wagons from a certain modelling concern behind her and repeated the performance with equally good results.

I kept hanging them on until she was moving 25 without too much strain - my 2 foot curves did cause a bit of slipping, but once she was happily under way, she just romped along.

If someone will give me tuition in uploading video, you can have a (very bad) bit of her on twenty wagons at slow speed.

Great piece of work and worth waiting for.
    Last edited by leslie10646; 22-03-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Beautiful, never seen anything so nice. I'm sure you are delighted with them.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Errors notwithstanding, a real credit to the manufacturer who doubtless took a real leap in the dark, and a great addition to any layout. A good layer of filth will make the UTA one look fine! (And it's easy to put a bit of red paint on the connecting rod!)
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Lovely model - looking forward to the video Leslie. Echo from me to JB's words of praise for OO Works!

I understand the model is fitted with a coreless motor so a high end decoder will be required to run it on DCC. I have my decoder but still waiting on the model to arrive.

That's superb. I did ask them for a UG (fingers crossed)
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Discovered late last night my parcel did arrive but 'someone' forgot to mention it.
    Today its on running-in trials on DC.

Name:  IMG_0653.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  257.6 KB

Blog Entries
    A really attractive model, I have loco envy! Wonder what their next Irish prototype will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 84C View Post
    A really attractive model, I have loco envy! Wonder what their next Irish prototype will be?
    Oh, it's at the planning stage - wait and see - maybe you'll hear by my birthday?

Leslie

00 Works second Irish Model, GNRI UG Class in the later UTA livery No. 49.
    A short video showing the conversion to DCC and then some test running.

A good start but some tweaks needed.