Thread: Spare a thought for crew of CG rescue 116 heli

Spare a thought for crew of CG rescue 116 heli

Spare a thought (or even a prayer) for the four crew of rescue 116 and their loved ones. A sad day for the brave men and women who deliver our rescue services 24x365 in all weather.

Well said, Noel. It's a sad day for the Coast Guard and its brave, dedicated rescue crews.

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Devastating news for their family, friends, colleagues and the country as a whole. Go Mairidis Beo!

Sad news. May the crew RIP

Absolutely. A terrible tragedy.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Captain Dara Fitzpatrick. She along with her 3 crew mates are heros. RIP

Captain Fitzpatrick (right of picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Captain Dara Fitzpatrick. She along with her 3 crew mates are heros. RIP
    Wow. My dad (who holds a helicopter PPL) trained alongside Captain Fitzpatrick for a while back in the day. I remember attending events held by the now-defunct Irish Helicopter Club with him, and Ms Fitzpatrick would frequently attend them, too. Even though a long time has passed (it must be 20+ years ago now), I can still recall many of the other pilots (all male, incidentally) commenting on her exceptional skills as a pilot.

May she and her fellow crew members Rest in Peace.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    This is just absolutely ghastly, horrible.

Our coastguard, lifeboat and search / rescue teams are the bravest of the brave. It puts land-based pay claims into a third place of comparative insignificance when we look at a group of people who selflessly go out to rescue people when Mother Nature is at her angriest; every time they set out they risk their own lives to save others.

A wife of a friend of mine in the west, who couldn't swim and was afraid of water took it upon herself some years ago to learn to swim and give something to society. She became a coastguard and within less than two years of operating as such, she had personally saved the lives of six people, and been involved in many other highly dangerous rescues. These people are our greatest unsung heroes and let us hope that this horrible tragedy will highlight the great sacrifices and exceptional bravery of these people.

May the deceased rest in well deserved peace, and we think of their families.

And may the rest of us realise what really is important in life.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

My best work has been spread over many fields..