Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Irish Railway Models Ballast Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Junctionmad View Post
    Received mine yesterday ( Monday ) and only got a chance to unpack them to day

Like Dave Jones says on his EEVblog , " dont turn it on , take it apart ". So It did , to say Im impressed is an understatement, Id love to see the chassis without the hopper offered as an separate option, its a fantastic model.
    A different Dave Jones to the one once involved in the very early days of the project, I believe?

can I say thanks to the IRM team for setting the bar so high , scratch builders have a up their game now !

to rephrase this comment ( elsewhere )""Throw out the buzzwords 'prototypical scale model' and remember that these are toy trains. So play with them.", This is certainly not the case here

well done
    Many thanks for your kind words Dave and your custom. We're delighted that you're happy with them!
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Name:  IMG_1549.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  55.1 KB

THE REVIEWS ARE IN!!!!

The first review of our Ballast wagon has arrived in the form of the June 2017 edition of Rail Express magazine. We won't give too much away but we think that the two page spread makes for a great read! Make sure you pick up your copy as it has plenty of Irish content too!

We still have some wagon packs left but they're shifting fast. Make sure you don't miss out and place your order on www.irishrailwaymodels.com today!
    Last edited by Warbonnet; 24-05-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks lads. I've given up a bit on Model Rail, same old same old after 10 years. You can only read so often about applying decals and adding etched components. It used to have a lot more kitbashing articles in the past.

Good to see something new to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Weshty View Post
    Thanks lads. I've given up a bit on Model Rail, same old same old after 10 years. You can only read so often about applying decals and adding etched components. It used to have a lot more kitbashing articles in the past.

Good to see something new to try.
    Glad to hear of the review coverage. Not being negative, its just a bit like Des, I no longer read paper media nor buy magazines. Be sure to let us know in due course when online reviews become available. Having been blown away by the quality of the Ballast wagons, which has fuelled anticipation, one can't help wondering when you expect the Cement Bubbles may ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Glad to hear of the review coverage. Not being negative, its just a bit like Des, I no longer read paper media nor buy magazines. Be sure to let us know in due course when online reviews become available. Having been blown away by the quality of the Ballast wagons, which has fuelled anticipation, one can't help wondering when you expect the Cement Bubbles may ship?
    Cheers Noel, you can buy pretty much all the Brit mags as digital editions, certainly Rail Express. We will have reviews in all the major magazines including BRM, Model Rail, Railway Modeller and Hornby Magazine in the coming weeks.

As for the bubbles, we're still on course for the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Cheers Noel, you can buy pretty much all the Brit mags as digital editions, certainly Rail Express. We will have reviews in all the major magazines including BRM, Model Rail, Railway Modeller and Hornby Magazine in the coming weeks.

As for the bubbles, we're still on course for the end of August.
    Thanks. Ok, if any of those mags sell once off 'digital' editions please let us know. Cancelled my mag subscriptions years ago and stopped buying retail (mags on aviation, photography, electronics, model rail, mac, linux, yachting, AV, etc) when I realised I wasn't reading them much, lack of original interesting content, and were taking up too much space on the coffee table. I did enjoy reading 'railway modeller' in years gone bye, and have a crate full of them in the basement. Autumn will be exciting with IRMs Cement Bubbles and Murphy Models 121 hitting the rails.

PS: Btw not being pedantic, but are recent posts on this thread not now 'Breaking news from IRM in Dublin'
    Last edited by Noel; 25-05-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Thanks. Ok, if any of those mags sell once off 'digital' editions please let us know
    They all do - just install the App on your device (search the store for the publication name) and you can buy Digital single editions and browse through back copies.

Name:  SDMRC Pres resized.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  79.5 KB

We were delighted to get a guided tour of the South Dublin Model Railway Club rooms last night before presenting them with a pack of our ballast wagons as a special thank you for the massive help the club gave us when we first started.

It was a thrill to see special layouts such as Adavoyle and Belturbet once again. If you're looking to get involved, pop over to their website http://www.sdmrc.hobbysites.net/viewpage.php?page_id=1 or head to their clubrooms for a very warm and receptive welcome.

Pictured (L-R) Tony O'Dunlaing (SDMRC), Patrick Conboy (Director, Irish Railway Models), Paul Daly (Secretary, SDMRC) and Dougal McFarlane (SDMRC)
    Last edited by Warbonnet; 01-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.

That's a very nice gesture lad's, nice one.

Rich,

We will be in beautiful Wales this weekend at two great toy fairs with ballast wagons for sale!

We'll be in OSWESTRY on Saturday 1st July and COLWYN BAY on Sunday 2nd. The Pavilion at Oswestry show ground and the Leisure Centre at Colwyn Bay - both run 10.30am to 3.00pm.

If you're in the area we'd love to meet you, so stop by and say hi!
    Last edited by Warbonnet; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:30 PM.