Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bantry Town Station 1950's

Quote Originally Posted by David Holman View Post
    Only just seen this and can't believe I'm the first to reply. The colours and textures of the pier and mud are superb. Beautifully understated, but also - to my eyes at least - just right.
    I've seen the pier in what passes for 'real life' with me - at the Sleaford Show - it is truly a special model.
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

Quote Originally Posted by bantree View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments
    Here are a couple of photos of Bantry signal cabin updated with correct Gaelic script
    As a matter of interest, where did you source the old Gaelic script?

Blog Entries
    I searched Google for Gaelic script-there are many variations!I selected the script that by deduction seemed to be correct for Bantry.
    I clicked on and by some fluke it appeared in my Excel spreadsheet(there is probably a technical method to describe this but I am still
    in the dark ages!)I then selected the script from the Font drop down box,formatted the area I wanted and typed in Bantry
    When the scale looked ok I printed it out and stuck it on scratch built name boards.Hope this helps.
    Thanks very much for for the kind comments.

Blog Entries
    Just checked Excel and I believe the script is listed as Bunchlo GC