Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coaching Stock - Irish Freight Models

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    I have to say that since my house move 4 years ago or so, and the attendant lack of space (downsizing!), the argument is finished for me; if I DID have the space I would constantly sway back and forth from "will I get a big layout with cheap stuff" or "a small layout with detail-perfect and extremely expensive stuff".....

Well, I've a filthy weathered J15 on my shelf beside me. The grey's much too dark, but it's a lovely model and very well made by one of our compatriots here! :-)
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

purchased 1 supberban park royal+ 1 cross country version, weathered and they are staring
    at me here, thank god we have I.F.M and the likes, im going to get a full Length
    travelling post office next [heavily weathered]

Quote Originally Posted by craven1508 View Post
    purchased 1 supberban park royal+ 1 cross country version, weathered and they are staring
    at me here, thank god we have I.F.M and the likes, im going to get a full Length
    travelling post office next [heavily weathered]
    Good for you, Craven. There is very little stock really available for the late 50s/early 60s period which is a very interesting period. When we have a reliable supply of these, maybe we can discuss the imperfections in the IFM models. They are a little expensive. I'm surprised the collectors haven't picked up three of each model from a small Irish business rather than completely non-prototypical pieces with a large foreign manufacturers brand stamped on them.
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

I have to say that since my house move 4 years ago or so, and the attendant lack of space (downsizing!), the argument is finished for me; if I DID have the space I would constantly sway back and forth from "will I get a big layout with cheap stuff" or "a small layout with detail-perfect and extremely expensive stuff".....
    nothing in railway modelling is " cheap" so a " big layout with expensive stuff" or a "small layout .. extremely expensive stuff"

the point is this thread is about weathering not about IFM anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Junctionmad View Post
    the point is this thread is about weathering not about IFM anyways
    This thread has been about IFM from the outset. Noel's weathering thread is here: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ky-horror-show

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    This thread has been about IFM from the outset. Noel's weathering thread is here: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ky-horror-show
    So it is , I apologise for the confusion