Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Stock - Irish Freight Models

Coaching Stock - Irish Freight Models

Just finished lightly weathering our fleet of Irish Freight Models (IFM) coaching stock collected over past few years. Assembled them into a rake for pic and video clip below. I am thrilled to have a rake of early era CIE coaching stock, and really delighted with these unique and good looking coaches. Well done Tom. Will try and get a better picture in daylight in the next few days.

Enjoy the short video clip. Also has some of my recent attempts at weathering goods wagons.

Locos are running 'wheeltappers' DCC sound projects running on LokSound decoders supplied by DC-Kits.

• Bulleid Heating Van (2 axle)
    • Park Royals x 2
    • CIE Laminate
    • Park Royal x 1
    • TPO (Travelling post office 2 axle)
    Last edited by Noel; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo

That looks and sounds fantastic Noel.190 pulling away is just class.

A sight to behold.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

Quote Originally Posted by jason brady View Post
    That looks and sounds fantastic Noel.190 pulling away is just class.
    Thanks Jason. I can't stop driving the two new LokSounds from 'Wheeltappers' on 181 and 190.

Quote Originally Posted by enniscorthyman View Post
    A sight to behold.
    Some more taken in daylight to add a little atmosphere. I am more than pleased with these iconic RTR coaches.

The very light weathering helped tone down the shade of orange on the Park Royals, TPO and heating Van. A rake entirely made up of RTR coaching stock from IFM - such a rake but an impossible dream 30 years ago.

Last edited by Noel; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:28 PM.

Have you been appointed director of marketing for IFM and Wheeltapper sounds, Noel??
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Is that not the same photo Noel? Some detail shots would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Have you been appointed director of marketing for IFM and Wheeltapper sounds, Noel??
    No connection whatsoever, just a happy customer of both. The sound chips were actually supplied by DC-Kits (Charlie Petty), but the sound projects were made by 'wheeltappers' who also sell direct. As Charlie's stuff is mainly by Legomanbiffo I had incorrectly assumed it was biff who'd make it but both he and Charlie pointed me at wheeltappers. As to IFM I have been trying to learn to airbrush and I finally got around to doing a light weathering job on the coaches I'd bought from them over the past two years. Hence the recent interest

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/sho...el_loco_sounds
    http://www.wheeltappersdccsounds.co....d-5/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Is that not the same photo Noel? Some detail shots would help?
    Hi Stephen. No those two were taken in poor daylight (High ISO), the other one was last evening under poor indoor light hence the narrow DOF blurry effect and the white balance was also incorrect. Almost identical scenes though. Sure can take some closer shots when the light is good enough. Noel
    Last edited by Noel; 06-03-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Only pulling your leg Noel! 😀 Some close up detail shots of them would be great when you get the camera settings sorted out

awesome scenes Noel , were it that CIE was ever that busy !

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Only pulling your leg Noel!  Some close up detail shots of them would be great when you get the camera settings sorted out
    Hi Fran.
    Will do, and no prob Link here to clearer 1080p video clip: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ll=1#post98166
    Noel