Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Stock - Irish Freight Models

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Hi Fran.
    Will do, and no prob Link here to clearer 1080p video clip: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ll=1#post98166
    Noel
    Thanks for the effort, Noel. Was hoping to see some close up pics of detail and finish as I've heard a lot of people talk about them but no matter. Only thing I've really seen of them so far is distant video shots.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Thanks for the effort, Noel. Was hoping to see some close up pics of detail and finish as I've heard a lot of people talk about them but no matter. Only thing I've really seen of them so far is distant video shots.
    Hi Fran, Stephen
    Light wasn't great but here are some close up photos as requested. The Park Royals and Laminates could do with door handles, etc. The shade of tan on the PR needed to be toned down.
    Noel

TPO 2 axle

TPO 2 axle

Bulleid heating van 2 axle

Park Royal

Park Royal

Park Royal

Laminate

Laminate

Laminate

The lot together makes up a nice mixed rake of Irish coach types typical of the 60s and early 70s. Mix and match with MM Cravens and SF GSVs and you can run plenty of variety of black'n'tan era passenger trains. Not bad at all for resin mouldings.

PS: Btw I know the Park Royals above had two white stripes instead of one typical of the period, I just prefer the look of the 'tippex' Park Royals on our layout.
    Last edited by Noel; 08-03-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the pics, Noel. They confirm what I wanted to know.
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

For that money Id want something that is not 3D printed and has flush glazing along with correct decoration. For that money you could buy 2 MM Cravens.

Time for people to vote with their feet. So what if it is Irish and RTR. Its wrong and people need to speak up and not embrace it cos its Irish and therefore flawless

If something thats RTR is not up to a certain standard people will complain. We are past the stage of 'OMG Irish RTR models' if it is not good enough people will make this known. There have been plenty of disgruntled British outline modellers when certain high profile and expensive models have not met expectations and this has forced the manufacturer to alter the product. This needs to happen here. If its a kit you can make it to your own standard. My MIR 111's had the majority of the whitemetal parts staying in the box and at least half of the resin on the body being removed. Built to my standard and a lot of people liked it

There is a very clear split visible on this forum......those who enjoy collecting and operating models and those who strive for better. Each has their own view but me being in the latter camp I will always want more. For €100 RTR I want the right colour, correct detail,flush glazing, injection moulded plastic and free running - at the very least. Ive found little things that can be done to any Murphy Models loco and make a vast improvement in appearance. Making the best better...

From the opinions Im getting the new IRM wagons could have been 3d printed and sold in equally good numbers

If people keep supporting these models at this level of detailing etc then thats what they will get into the future.
    "Cool Hand Blaine"

I have seen an IFM Park Royal up close, and for the money it is priced at I think it falls way below that value. It fails in a lot of departments that should be high end quality. If someone is willing to part with that amount of money and is happy with it then good luck to them. I don't buy into the it's Irish or a small market for a second neither.

Rich,

yes , but in the absence of alternatives ,,, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Junctionmad View Post
    yes , but in the absence of alternatives ,,, etc
    http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...arkRoyal-build

Yes that kit/part scratch built PR does look superb, but what RTR alternatives are there? Not everybody is a talented master builder.

I agree with some of the earlier comments, the cost seems a lot for the level of detail, and yes MM Cravens are obviously on another planet, but the RTR laminates and PRs are not bad for low volume resin bodies. Its a free world and I appreciate folks have different opinions, requirements and expectations. If somebody ever produces a complete fine scale quality kit, or better still produces fine scale injection moulded plastic versions of a similar quality to MM cravens I'll bite their hand off. Or indeed if anybody is interested in commissions to build fine scale stock I'd love to know.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Looking at the above pics of the Park Royals in particular, I notice that they are in the 1990s livery with the "tippex" line at waist level as well as above the windows. As a matter of curiousity, did the manufacturers do a "black'n'tan" era version with no waist white line, or an original green version, by any chance? The mid white line, (like a Craven with an upper orange line), are of the 90s, and obviously earlier versions would be welcome.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb171achill View Post
    Looking at the above pics of the Park Royals in particular, I notice that they are in the 1990s livery with the "tippex" line at waist level as well as above the windows. As a matter of curiousity, did the manufacturers do a "black'n'tan" era version with no waist white line, or an original green version, by any chance? The mid white line, (like a Craven with an upper orange line), are of the 90s, and obviously earlier versions would be welcome.
    Well spotted JB. Yes both versions were available (i.e. 1 white stripe or two), but despite my 60s preference I choose tippex versions (see below which was at the end of the photo post).

PS: Btw I know the Park Royals above had two white stripes instead of one typical of the period, I just prefer the look of the 'tippex' Park Royals on our layout