Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Railwayana

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Very interesting stuff, especially the letter from Egan to Henry Casserley!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

A few more bits

Not Irish I know but the Ponderous Carriages always caught my fancy
    James Williams, Secretary had some dealings with the Irish Railway Commission.

This came from Co Cork, from in front of a Station Masters house if I remember correctly, which I havent done for a while now.

Amongst other things, I do have various bits off a couple of Class 37s saved before scrapping - a pair of air res gauges, tappets clearance plate, max speed plate and throttle, as well as a technical manual. Must dig them out

I have a good few lamps. Really need to do something with them. This is the only one I properly restored.Name:  IMG_6690.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  47.3 KB

Huge thank you to all the contributors to this thread. There are some real gems out there! I will hopefully get some more photos posted tomorrow.
    Nelson
    1̶5̶,̶1̶6̶,̶1̶7̶ 18 years old, and,
    Modelling the LNER, LMS NCC and UTA (steam of course)

Alas all have is an original illinois bolt and washer from a 121.. Name:  DSC_0069.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  60.3 KB

Though I did spot this recently.. Dubious vintage apparently

Name:  DSC_0067.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  77.5 KB
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

I have some bits of the Stafford-Uttoxeter line that I dug up in my garden....
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

Love that shed sign Glenderg, my shed might have to get the same treatment.

A must for any GM Modeller

Sorry about the reflection, sunny Saturday!

Anyone what this is from?
    Heavy piece of kit

Non Railway but just liked it, Road Traffic Act 1933, vehicle plate, might be from a horse drawn yoke?