Thread: Photos for future modellers

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.

Photos for future modellers

An open letter, I suppose, to the likes of Finnyus, Hurricane, The Wanderer and others among the excellent photographic community that exists now....

Few as the photos were that I took (in the mid 1970s film was dear, as was processing, and I got pocket money rather than state employee's pay cheques), I always thought in terms of the potential use I might make of them if ever I decided to make models of any. Little did I know that I would go down the continental narrow gauge route, though if I hadn't, why would I try to make models when messrs SSM, Provincial, Murphy, Worsley, IRM and many others are doing a better job.....

Anyway, my point is - it might be of interest if you folks of the upper-drawer photographic community had perhaps a data base of straight side-on and end views, above roof views, and detail views of each type of loco, coach, wagon and yellow machine variety over the years... We all know how beneficial a flat side-on view is to modellers.

Maybe you have already; just a thought. Meanwhile, keep up the excellent and necessary work of recording every detail of the railway.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

We're always on the lookout to build up the reference library for current and possible future projects JB! We would love to have a look?
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    I've put up (or upside down) a few of mine in the past, Warbonnet - will have a delve. My main point was that those of the esteemed gentlemen mentioned above 9and others) would probably be a great deal better quality!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I can have a dig around. In fact I already have an album on Flick ready, with a few ICR and Luas details in. I do have somewhere a selection of 201 chassis pipework photos, bogie details and HOBS details. I'll try and keep it in mind next time I'm out

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hurric...57650393818719

Mmmmm the detail.... Good shots

The crew access hatch looks a bit small, are they only employing leprechauns now?
    My best work has been spread over many fields..

More details, this time of the HOBS. Click on them to view full size

Had to do a double take there..... a wagon with "Kieran Marshall" written on its side!