Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Railcar B

Railcar B

Latest addition to the fleet, completed in CIE livery No 2509.

Name:  IMG_5619.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5625.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  106.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Looks good. have you built it since Warley? better get my finger out with the Bredins and the A class!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 84C View Post
    Looks good. have you built it since Warley?
    Mike I did not build it, a Guy in England did and 'Frank the Piper' showed a picture of one he did for him a few months back.
    It is built out of card and this is how I got it a week ago.

Name:  DSCF0001[3].jpg
Views: 297
Size:  46.7 KB

Did a bit of extra work to it.

Name:  IMG_0020.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  139.8 KB

Then painted it and added the interior.

Name:  IMG_5620.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  33.8 KB

I wanted the front bogie to have a coupling rod (as on the real thing) and Brian Osborn of Branchlines suggested and supplied a Tenshodo motor with etched coupling rods. Finally fitted a decoder underneath the body.

Name:  IMG_5626.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  113.3 KB

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Very nice!
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Super Guru
    Blog Entries

Bigger brother!

Am amazed that anyone could do such a complex shape in card. They look to have made a decent job too - when ever I've tried such methods, they invariably end up in the bin! Needless to say, my 'B' will not be having a repaint. Looks like it is not articulated? Not surprised - it was enough work in 7mm scale. Can't imagine trying it in anything smaller.
    Now, how about a 2A...? Doing that in 4mm scale really would be a challenge!

Name:  DSCN0774.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  110.5 KBName:  DSCN0427.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  126.8 KB
    Last edited by David Holman; 11-12-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    Whither atrophy?

Not articulated David as previously attempts made the model unstable. The quality and detail of your model is superb.

Interesting model. I don't know much about the prototype , were they offshoots of the 2600 aec gnr(I) šesign tree ?

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Not at all - a one off manufactured by Walker Bros. of Wigan.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junctionmad View Post
    Interesting model. I don't know much about the prototype , were they offshoots of the 2600 aec gnr(I) šesign tree ?
    Railcar B was a development of Atkinson-Walker single and double ended railcars supplied to the GNR(I) in the 1930s.

Walkers supplied similar cars to Victoria Railways in the 1950s http://trainbuilder.com/walker
    John

If I was going there I would'nt be starting here.

A few were supplied to South America too, including one with an articulated cab/engine unit at both ends.