Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Class A ECMCHAS for Silver Fox Model

Hi Kirley

These photos are for you to see progress, I'm about to clean the bogie side patterns up and give them a paint to see if any filling is required. Then its on to making moulds and doing some test casting....

Name:  AC-07 IMAG2914.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  AC-08 IMAG2913.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  AC-09 IMAG2912.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  70.9 KB

Sorry about the photo quality, the phone has gone funny n all dark

Eoin
    www.ecmtrains.com - Manufacturing the Model Dart

Superb work, well done Eoin .

Absolutely stunning Eoin. Had you considered the suitability of Black Beetle 27:1 gear ratio motor bogies for your A or C class projects? They are expensive but seem the biz.

Thanks Eoin, they are just breath-taking in detail. Roll on the casting stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Absolutely stunning Eoin. Had you considered the suitability of Black Beetle 27:1 gear ratio motor bogies for your A or C class projects? They are expensive but seem the biz.
    Yes Noel

The Beetle requires more head room by either raising the chassis or having a cut out in the chassis the size of the Beetle! This is a problem in a Class C with holes in the floor and not much floor left for other stuff, especially with two motors. The Class A is not so bad as its longer but this all happens under the cabs in both models. As far as I can remember the Beetle does not have the axle spacing for an A, the Spud does!

The Spud fits nicely under the chassis and its more economical

Eoin
    Last edited by murrayec; 05-05-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Ohhh I like those, especially the Dampers.

will those bogie sides be available for purchase??? will you be doing the C class sides also???? Stunning work

Blog Entries
    They look really good, all of a sudden I am not so happy with the look of my A class

Quote Originally Posted by DB JOE View Post
    will those bogie sides be available for purchase??? will you be doing the C class sides also???? Stunning work
    He's doing a whole chassis. The bogie sides look great!
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

Quote Originally Posted by DB JOE View Post
    Yes DB JOE, they will be available pretty soon - €25.00 for a loco set kit, and €25.00 for a detailing pack kit which includes 4 ladders and piping.

The Class C bogie sides are complete but I'm remaking the moulds with the A's above- I had a lot of trouble with the first moulds! There is info here for the Class C stuff;- http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/show...ll=1#post62234

Eoin