Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GNR(I) SG2 Locomotive.

looking forward to seeing the finished model and the video. Looking fab so far TDR
    Do it yourself brain surgery can be mind numbing

Good luck with the kit Kirley. My model of No.176 was built in Hong Kong by a guy who had never seen a seat loco (although he'd bit lots of kits!). That said, mine doesn't like 2 ft curves, so make the centre axle with lateral play if you can.

You've reminded me to give it another go on the layout - I think it's languishing in a box!

Leslie

Got a bit further in the build, all the fiddly bits completed.

Now for final clean up and wash before applying the first primer coat.

Pickups and decoder to be fitted before testing the locomotive and tender.
    The beginning of the end is in sight.

First coat of Etched Primer added.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Looking good!

(The primer shows what GNR locos would have looked like if the GSR or CIE had got their paint brushes near them!)
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Taking shape nicely Kieran,good job. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Brilliant work Kieran
    Never trust atoms - they make up everything!

A bit more progress.

That's very nice, love the footplate detail. Can i ask where do you get the etched primer and do you spray it on?

Looking better every time.